New Turbo Setup, first hook at London, OH NADM

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
Finally got into a new turbo setup. Big thanks to Chris at Engineered Diesel for getting the job done, and quickly! I pulled the trigger last Monday & had the charger Saturday morning..
IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Big thanks to Joe K. (our fabricator) for getting the whole works mocked up and finished over the weekend. It looks great!
IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Click here to see Video
Took 8th place, I was at 284, First place was 306.

Truck ran a LOT stronger, very happy with the spool-up etc.

The hook was about as bad as it could get though, my shifting linkage was botched to the point that I hit 3rd gear when I thought I was hitting 2nd.. But amazingly I stayed on the charger. I also won't be unlocking at the end anymore.. A few people figure it had another 10 feet in it, had I not unlocked at the end.

Once I fix those items and add some fuel it should be even stronger! We'll see how it does tomorrow at the Indy Jamboree!

Looks like you have drive pressure to the top of the ext wastegate and boost to the bottom? Seems backwards?

Jesse, give me a call if you have questions with yours.

Looks good Garrett. I'll be down in the morning and I'm ready to see some hooking.

No doubt, we all know Chris's setups work great! Keep on kickin' it Garrett!

Thanks Jim, but for the record, I am only half of it. Glenn's knowledge with this stuff plays a big part of it.

About time you got a vid up, still can't watch it but it's the thought right. Just giving you a hard time. Things up here have been crazy, the truck has been putting up a fight all year. But things are starting to come round for ya. Also thanks chris for the late night help, the install went better then i thought it would, but when the product is very well made it seams to go that way. looking forward to working with you more. also good luck to day Garret should be fun.

Yeah today pretty much sucked. I opened the bleeder to allow some boost to get to the wastegate, worked like complete @ss.. Truck came up, lost power, came back up, etc. Not happy, wastegates piss me off.

Remember on the bleeder the wastegate takes such little volume. The bleeder is just an orifice, at a set flow rate you can get a set pressure, but as the flow rate decreases so does the pressure drop across the bleeder. Bottom line, filling a sealed container through an orifice it will eventually fill the container to the same pressure as the supply. Maybe I am saying that an orifice will effect the rate at witch the gate opens, not keeping it from opening, unless you shut the orifice completely.

The truck left their fab shop before a regulator was installed. With the bleeder it was full pressure at a low volume. Just like you said Dan it filled up and opened.....twice. The bleeder was opened to offset the extra fuel they were gonna run over the last run, which had the bleeder shut off completely. It will work great once the regulator is in and some data logging is done.

After watching the video, I think you may have had too much water, as well.

If I look at this right, drive is holding it closed, boost is pushing it open? Excessive drive and it will not open, correct? FYI thanks for the parts E.D.
Hopefully 2009 is a fun year!

Back