NGM Diesel Pro stock truck

Finally, got to the short block.

Other than the oil pan leaking profusly the shole thing litterally looked like i just put it together, No wear, or out of the ordinary anything....picture perfect.

i kinda forgot how big those rods are, at first glance i coulda swore they grew. From the pistons too the crank everything looks brand new. Im happy!

With the upgrades we have going in this winter i think we might get a 4.80-4.90 ET 1/8th out of it!

i did say maybe fellas......

Besides the car WILL run faster than it does, we just have major chassis and bog issu'es with the clutch set up. so the upgrades would only account for about half of the "presumed" or "predicted" "guestimated" #'s..LOL

Are you still going with either a 400 or a glide? Or are you going to try and learn how to drive the clutch?

I think you will show very well no matter what. Estimates are just goals that may push you for more. I know you have been working very hard on this project. You have put your whole life and money into it. Your doing good now and I am sure you will look good going forward with it. Brady

Last edited:
Are you still going with either a 400 or a glide? Or are you going to try and learn how to drive the clutch?

i have two options now, first im going to run a bruno unit and the lenco, only because i have several lenco's and parts,and my biggest issue was not being able to leave with more than 8lbs of boost and bogging the engine on launch because of it.

Yes it adds weight, but the bruno lenco combo is very reliable and simple to change ratio's and speeds if i want to. Once i see that the convertor works and what gears it like's i'll go the lighter auto.

the second option is to make the clutch work, but i would need a 4th gear to do that i think. again more weight, but but some times weight is not a bad thing.

What do you think ryan?

I think I'd try again to find a bell that will work on a glide to accept a 13" convertor. That way the stall can be set tight to where it works for guys like me or as loose as you want but have better efficency from a fluid coupling unit due to the large size of the internals. I think 2 gears is enough but.... a tall final drive has to be ran and to do so you got to have a dandy convertor. I want to see a huge bell on a glide. And FINALLY as of this year there's such thing as an aftermarket case for us TH400 guys..... I know several Pro Mod and Top Sportsman guys happy to see this as well...
Ryan

I'd talk with Brad at G&J Diesel with the Dirtymax....he's running a Bruno/Lenco modified for a lockup converter...

Back