NHRDA 2010 Diesel Drag Race Season

Sounds like Topeka is about as central to everyone as you can get with a decent track. That's about 14 hours from me (SouthEast Louisiana) but I'd have no problem making that trip. I drove straight thru by myself to Dubuque which is about the same, maybe a little longer.

That's an NHRA track too, so it has to be a pretty decent facility. Plus it also has a dirt track. :D Here's a link to 'em: http://hpt.com/

Kearney Raceway Park is the closest Dragstrip to the geographic center of the United States......

I actually went to the drags at Kearney in 2007 when I was working in Nebraska, not a bad little track, not near the caliber of Topeka but not bad. Never saw even one diesel race there the day I went.

That is something to consider. Once you get into october, while the weather might be fine in the midwest, many of us have some form of 10,000ft mountain pass to cross to get there.

I kinda dont want to see the regionals go away, because if we have to go back to some form of car club challenge where you do all your races at a single local track, then you'd need a way for all those winners to race each other at a single regional race.

Say you get 5 to 8 races at a "home track". Lets go with 4 tracks per region. Take the top 4 winners from each track and thats 16 racers. Those 16 get invited to compete against each other, and only have to make 1 major trip. There is your division winner.

Now invite the top 4 from each division for the world finals (or however many you want to get a sweet 16 field).

If your super competitive, you only have to make 2 major trips a year. The rest of the time, you get to compete locally, numerous times, and have a shot at being invited, without having to travel all over the county just to be invited to drive all over the country some more.

Youd end up with numerous track winners, a handful of regional winners, and then the world champ. Lots of chances to claim at least one, if not all the titles.

The downside is, we would need to find tracks willing to work with us, and Ive always gotten the feeling that most tracks will only deal with us if we hand them lots of money.

That is something to consider. Once you get into october, while the weather might be fine in the midwest, many of us have some form of 10,000ft mountain pass to cross to get there.

I kinda dont want to see the regionals go away, because if we have to go back to some form of car club challenge where you do all your races at a single local track, then you'd need a way for all those winners to race each other at a single regional race.

Say you get 5 to 8 races at a "home track". Lets go with 4 tracks per region. Take the top 4 winners from each track and thats 16 racers. Those 16 get invited to compete against each other, and only have to make 1 major trip. There is your division winner.

Now invite the top 4 from each division for the world finals (or however many you want to get a sweet 16 field).

If your super competitive, you only have to make 2 major trips a year. The rest of the time, you get to compete locally, numerous times, and have a shot at being invited, without having to travel all over the county just to be invited to drive all over the country some more.

Youd end up with numerous track winners, a handful of regional winners, and then the world champ. Lots of chances to claim at least one, if not all the titles.

The downside is, we would need to find tracks willing to work with us, and Ive always gotten the feeling that most tracks will only deal with us if we hand them lots of money.

Thats basically what they have been doing but at the nationals events the turnout is kind of poor even with the many invites that were sent out

Back