NHRDA 2010 Diesel Drag Race Season

Kearney Raceway Park is the closest Dragstrip to the geographic center of the United States......

Topeka is a 27 hour drive for us from Canada so actually not much further than Vegas. Vegas is like 24 for us give or take a few.

As far as the time of year , we are looking to have it late August or Early September to have better weather.

We also are looking at the possibility on not having Regional Finals and going straight from Divisionals to the World Finals.

That way the top 16 trucks from all 6 divisions in Top Diesel , Pro Stock , Pro Street, Super Street , and Sportsman would be invited and that way a field of at least 200 trucks could compete to have a true world finals.

I got PM and asked why not move the Indy event to end of year and make that the world finals , since it is a great facility and already an established big event.

I am not sure how the weather is in September in Indy but not a bad idea ,except that it is a longer drive for us on the west coast and our good freinds the canadians.

32 hour drive of straight driving for us to make the treck to Indy.. could be done but that is a long haul.

I like the idea of Indy in late August (before school starts for the kids), but it would mean having to start pretty early in the season for the points races (which is fine). Heck, I might even get to race my own truck at Indy for a change!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

i'm for indy or either ill. great day trip for me. plus have friends in indy area free hotel stay :rockwoot::rockwoot:

32 hour drive of straight driving for us to make the treck to Indy.. could be done but that is a long haul.

Just make it a mini-vacation road trip! If I can afford it, I want to take a trip with my race car in tow, around the country catching a few races.

Indy would not be bad in late Aug or Sept! that would just mean things get hopping earlier!!!!! It is a long ways for us down hear but it may make the most sence for everyone and have a best chance for good weather and turn out!

Kearney Raceway Park is the closest Dragstrip to the geographic center of the United States......

Topeka is 10x better than KRP. KRP is my closest 1/4 and they don't really care for diesels there. It is where I make most of my runs. Not sure why they don't like us, there are a lot of people that like to watch us run and take pics. Probably not a good option. There have been plans for a new track in eastern NE but I doubt we will see it anytime soon.

dallas raceway, texas motorplex, san antonio raceway, houston motorsports park, houston raceway park

Z-max dragway in concord NC.
Not a finer dragway in the country.

4 Concrete lanes of action :rockwoot:

Florida, G-ville would be nice, Wonderful track and facility as well. And weather is perfect that time of the year.

But that might be to far for some. Would be nice to see a real big event that isn't in the typical places.

Another thing, I think it would be best to hear from the big players that really make these type of events great and get there opinion on the matter.

As much as I would like to see it in Vegas around SEMA time, I vote for Topeka as well. I just drove from Oregon to Bowling Green, KY and back for the eastern finals and that is a long haul. I did a little map quest search and it is the most central place for all of us.
Miami...1530 miles
Seattle..1844
LA...1517
NY city...1253
Edmonton AB...1578

Malcolm from Nanaimo, Vancouver Island BC would have to come the farthest
at 2033 miles which includes a spendy ferry ride.

I think we should ditch the regional finals and just have a national final. That way we could all get together at one spot. Say the top ten to sixteen finishers in all classes from all regions. There will be a large number of folks that will not come, but maybe we could still get a pretty good number. Late Oct in too late, earlier the better. It rained damn near non stop through out the midwest in Oct. Coming back there was a huge snow storm in the Colorado, Wyoming area and I-80 was closed for 4 days between Cheyenne and Laramie. Four events per region, try and schedule events in adjacent regions on different weekend so folks can travel to both if they want. Finals in mid to later Sept in Topeka. MY .02

I believe the actual track should be taken into consideration as well not just becuase its central. A good facility makes a world of difference.

I believe the actual track should be taken into consideration as well not just becuase its central. A good facility makes a world of difference.

I totally agree, who has actually raced in Topeka? I see it hosts an Pinks event.

I like the fact of ditching the regional finals and just having a national event, I hope to get these twins done and be able to race at a few of these events.

I personally really like Topeka. My truck left the best it did all year on their track.
The drag racers that I work with really like to run there also compared to other tracks in the area.
My $.02

Back