NHRDA and 11.90 index questions

In regards to safety, it's always better to error on the side of caution.

Can anyone confirm that I will need to make a front drive shaft safety loop as well?

Once they let out and try to fender race me..

Ummm.. HELLLLLOOO! Your fenders are 14' long! At the tall end youre just gettin the Queen Mary up on plane. WTF? Lmao Does "No Wake Zone"mean anything to you ? LOL

Exactly!!need a beam breaker on the front, so i can win with a mid 12!

Can anyone confirm that I will need to make a front drive shaft safety loop as well?

Drag radials and slicks yes you do. If slower than 11.49 on street tires then no you do not require them. 11.49 or faster no matter what tire requires loops on all shafts.

Do cheater slicks (dot street legal slicks) count as slicks as far as the drive shaft safety loops are concerned?

IMO, just build one before next year. It would be major carnage if it something broke up front and you didn't have it. You have plenty of time before the next season starts and then you wouldn't have to wonder whether it'll pass or not.

I bought a shield off Jegs or Summit, then modified it and made a bracket.

I can fabricate so making the safety loops is no big deal just checking so I can be properly informed, also do most tracks require an upward exiting exhaust? If so ill need to make a tail pipe to bolt on, plan on doing this anyways

Track do not require upward exhaust, some events do, and it is usually more polite depending on the lane you are in

What is the normal 1/8th mile time for most of you guys running 11.90-12.00's?

7.60's give or take a tenth or2 depending on power and how hard you hit it the first half.

My truck like 7.45 to go 11.90, at a 1.73 60' Any quicker 60 and it will break out. As the guys said very fun class, a total driver's race. Race usually won or lost on RT as most all the trucks can run the number now. A lot of chit happens in that last 200 feet. One little bit of advice, don't ever get off the throttle. Brake hard if you have to but don't get off the throttle or you will get driven around since you are under the turbo/s and you can't get back on top quick enough.

This was my first year of racing the SD class and talk about a good time! One thing I learned is street tires are a pia to hook consistently, from each track we raced at my 60ft. times fluctuated from 1.6-1.85. Which cost me a few races. Next yr ought to be even better!

^^^ Very clean truck and runs very well. There aren't a whole lot of stock appearing trucks in the 11.90 anymore. I have a GoPro of you and I on Friday night at the World Finals. I'll try to get it uploaded.

Back