NHRDA - Texas Diesel Nationals Results

Thanks for clarifying this guys. Half the folks out there said ruling was wrong other half says it was right so I was on the fence.

There is nothing wrong with this as far as legal just not good racing etiquette.

What are you talking about OLD man!!! I don't like Double Bulbing anyone. If Autostart is turned on the countdown timer starts the moment the competitor lights the pre-stage bulb. I call it GOOD Sportsmanship (courtesy staging), NOT bad racing etiquette.

What are you talking about OLD man!!! I don't like Double Bulbing anyone. If Autostart is turned on the countdown timer starts the moment the competitor lights the pre-stage bulb. I call it GOOD Sportsmanship (courtesy staging), NOT bad racing etiquette.

I picture something like this...

Last edited:

Guess you are taking too many drugs Jim, and didn't understand my point, what the f*@k is the difference, sportmanship or etiquette? There is nothing in the rules that says you can't turn on both the lights first. I don't think most people double bulb intentionally, but it happens sometimes. If I think the guy did it on purpose just to rattle me, I won't prestage I'll just let him sit on it awhile. In fact I really don't mind being double bulbed, I have total control of the tree then. I sure as hell wouldn't back out and stage again unless he is still back by the water box. To be honest I can't remember when I ever double bulbed someone, but as I said it happens usually with a new drag racer.

Last edited:
There is a difference between etiquette and sportsmanship. Etiquette implies courtesy staging. Not double bulbing your competition if possible, ie, backing out and restaging is true sportsmanship. Whew, time for more drugs.

Whatever Jim, maybe I'll start racing sportman and double bulb your ass a few times ..:D BTW those are giant land tortoise from Galapagos not turtles .

Whatever, whatever Ken. I would love to see you in Sportsman. I have very fond memories of the last time you faced me in Medford......

Back