NHRDA - Texas Diesel Nationals Results

How do you red light and get eliminated from a bye run??? If he broke, I can see not making the call for the final, but how do you make the final a bye run because the semifinal bye run lit a red light??? Bye runs are no bueno for spectators/fans!!!

That would be a total bummer if you were supposed to be in the final and they got it confused in the tower!

He actually pushed through the beams prior to the auto start activating resulting in a no time situation. Pinion brake was not working..

Absolutely did...We have a front wing for the altered & haven't ran it yet,This car is the easiest to drive that I have ever driven . Just spool up mash pedal & push button on steering wheel when light comes on...

I personaly really like the look of the Black Fiat Altered body but I can imagine the FC body is a pleasure to drive as to compare. I really fought front/rear wing issues for a while but got them fiqured out. I can tell you a front wing will be MANDITORY with your 1/4 speeds now, w/o mine and 13* in the rear my front tires started to come up at around 300'. Not cool

16.40 , 10.40 its all the same in a 12.0 min dial in class isn't it? LOL

I can absolutely verify that I did not win the race in Bakersfield (3rd round red light against DuBois) and that the ONLY time the Jetta will ever see a 10.40 is in the 1/8 mile.

So consistent that I actually checked the NHRDA schedule to see what the closet event is to me in the northeast so I could run my own TDI. Unfortunately, there is nothing reasonably close to me. Great job btw.

What about the stock looking grey Duramax running an 11.900 in the SD semi finals.... Pretty legit.

I don't know I didn't watch it. Because I ran right before it happend. But from what I was told he jumped forward and the tower showed red and they were looking under the truck and then pushed it off the track. But again I didn't see it happen just going off what I was told. Went to the tower they said there wouldn't even be a final and that I'm automatically runner up and Jarid is the winner and they won't run a final. So I went back and told Jarid that he didn't have to run in the final. Then a while later he came to my trailer and told me they ended up telling him he has to make a by run for the final. It was all kind of confusing but it's not like I would have beat him anyway lol I was running 10.4-10.5 and he ran a 8.9 in the final. I didn't have that much nitrous in the trailer.

If you had a bye run the round before, you got screwed. You should have been in the finals. Since Jarid's chute came out on his first attempt at his "solo" pass, you would have beat him in a heads up run. In all reality if you are next to him on that run, you are the champ even running mid 10's.

Pro street ended up being a mess....... My pinion brake was hanging so bad it was smoking after each hit and would hardly allow a proper burnout. I bypassed it and was trying to stage the truck and it pushed straight through both bulbs. Dumb move regardless on my part but I was a bit afraid of more heat building and locking up the back end on a run.

Tuck never broke I was just backed out due to the red light. That situation by itself is questionable many people said that was not a correct ruling. Regardless the truck did great, put down some solid numbers and drove on the trailer.

I was wondering why deranged and bully dog didn't run. I hear deranged broke and was not able to make his passes.

Yeah the elimination due to red lighting in a bye run doesn't seem correct at all. I've seen people do it at big bracket races before. Bye run is just another chance to practice the tree.

Like they'd let you back out after breaking the beams and not cross the finish and that's ok, but if you leave too early your DQ'd?

If you had a bye run the round before, you got screwed. You should have been in the finals. Since Jarid's chute came out on his first attempt at his "solo" pass, you would have beat him in a heads up run. In all reality if you are next to him on that run, you are the champ even running mid 10's.

Not true chute came out on the burn out.

Pro street ended up being a mess....... My pinion brake was hanging so bad it was smoking after each hit and would hardly allow a proper burnout. I bypassed it and was trying to stage the truck and it pushed straight through both bulbs. Dumb move regardless on my part but I was a bit afraid of more heat building and locking up the back end on a run.

Tuck never broke I was just backed out due to the red light. That situation by itself is questionable many people said that was not a correct ruling. Regardless the truck did great, put down some solid numbers and drove on the trailer.

I was wondering why deranged and bully dog didn't run. I hear deranged broke and was not able to make his passes.

Did you actually red light or just push through before the tree was activated? Big difference.

He activated the tree and pushed thru the beams..
He was having issue dragging the pinion brake so since he had a by run we talked him into trying to stage with the pinion brake bypassed and stall it up to see if rear calipers would be enough to hold it at the line before the final.. Racing I think got the better of him instead of just activating the tree and waiting for green to try and stall it up he stalled it up an bumped into second bulb and it pushed thru and redlighted as a result. Honest mistake I dang sure can't say I woulda done any different you got a million things to think about in these trucks and adrenaline gets to flowing it happens but I don't think he will make that mistake again lol.

He activated the tree and pushed thru the beams..
He was having issue dragging the pinion brake so since he had a by run we talked him into trying to stage with the pinion brake bypassed and stall it up to see if rear calipers would be enough to hold it at the line before the final.. Racing I think got the better of him instead of just activating the tree and waiting for green to try and stall it up he stalled it up an bumped into second bulb and it pushed thru and redlighted as a result. Honest mistake I dang sure can't say I woulda done any different you got a million things to think about in these trucks and adrenaline gets to flowing it happens but I don't think he will make that mistake again lol.

That sums it up even better lol. Give me some time and I will **** up whatever it is at least once. But that mistake won't happen again.

Back