nitrous guys

Pep boys does it. I think like 60 bucks to fill a 15lb bottle. Not sure on how many passes you can do. I think there are like 3 minutes of nitrous in a 15lb bottle. That's a good bit only spraying in 10 second intervals. I could be wrong also tho...

Pep boy wtf! Never heard that one! I am calling them tomorrow

Pep boy wtf! Never heard that one! I am calling them tomorrow

It sounds surprising but my local Pep Boys actually carries lots of "racing" parts like high end fuel lines, fittings, slicks and numerous other parts that no auto parts stores carry. I haven't been inside to check it out but hopefully I can soon.

My belief is a diesel in a lean fuel and timing state will not increase temps much on nitrous. It will get to the point of making no more power due to lack of fuel and then the cold intake charge will assist on keeping EGTs reasonable. Opposite takes place when you have fuel to spare. I was logging 350 plus degree increase on nitrous with SOME fuel to burn. That was with the 13mm pump. Burned up many a turbo from heat. With my old 12mm pump I did hundreds of hits with a drilled out pill and never burnt one turbo or had temp issues.

Last I checked down here was around 6-7 buck a pound. I'm sure in cali, its about 20 bucks a pound, and regulated by CARB. LOL

It's a little off topic, but I've always been curious what it costs to refill a standard sized nitrous bottle and how many 1/4 miles passes you can get out of a bottle before it needs to be refilled? I know it depends on how much you spray it but what is an average amount? Where do you go to refill your bottles?

We refill nitrous at my shop, $5 a pound. There are a couple other places in town that are $5.50 a pound.

As far as how many passes like you said it depends on how much you are spraying. I would say between 1 and 8 lol

We refill nitrous at my shop, $5 a pound. There are a couple other places in town that are $5.50 a pound.

As far as how many passes like you said it depends on how much you are spraying. I would say between 1 and 8 lol

I'll remember this for my future plans. Thanks Cory.

We fill nitrous at $4 a lbs, but we're a long ways from California! Beins we sell nitrous express systems it's freaking hard to not put a kit on mine! I'll put an e-gate on it first. Guess you could spray and prey?

I'm kind of curious about a kit with a controller that comes in, and goes out to help get a big charger lit. It seems like that'd help me a fair bit with my big single controlling smoke while not overspeeding with my non gated turbine side

The nitrous express controller will do it based on boost. Can ramp up and back down once boost comes in.

Pre-cooler to soften the hit, better mixture and cool intake air to the fullest. Atleast thats how it was explained to me.

Back