Northwest Diesel Nationals - Spokane Washington

The track is now run by the county and has had many changes. Track timing is one of the things I discussed with them. They fixed it so they can host NHRA events. This is a completely different set-up than years past when 12 second crew cabs with 4 guys all drinking beer and no helmets ran down the 1/4 mile. (don't ask how I know)

Very clean, professional staff, and a great track.

when will results from redding and spokane be on the nhdra website?

Hopefully by end of the week we have only been home for 48 hours since May 12th

Trying to get caught up and may do some laundry :nail:

The track is now run by the county and has had many changes. Track timing is one of the things I discussed with them. They fixed it so they can host NHRA events. This is a completely different set-up than years past when 12 second crew cabs with 4 guys all drinking beer and no helmets ran down the 1/4 mile. (don't ask how I know)

good to hear, cause i know before no timeslips from that track were taken serious

Hopefully by end of the week we have only been home for 48 hours since May 12th

Trying to get caught up and may do some laundry :nail:

thats what hotel internet is for ;) hahhah jk i know how it is to want to relax and what not after being on the road

lol well it was our first time there and I thought it was good...never heard of any prior issues....seems pretty good now...

really?, spokane is known for being one of the worst tracks in this area. I'd have to dig up the thread from some of the car forums im on but someone found they had some issues with their timing system or something like that, alot of cars were going alot faster at that track vs other ones in the area with no changes being made to the cars

regardless i wish i could of made it to watch

Spokane used to have that reputation. That was before they became a sanctioned NHRA track (just a few years ago). I never could figure out what was different. Maybe a few inches shorter... Who knows. The track now runs NHRA divisional events. It is concrete clear to the 1/8 mile. The surface is one of the best I have seen.

Paul

We had a great time there! Ran our best of 11.80 @ 116! Would like to thank the NHRDA Crew for a great event & all the vendors for being there as well! Would also like to thank Donovan & Darren from Armor Inc. for all there help & tool lending during the day! I must say there was a lot of 2nd Gen there that weekend & they were all nice unit! IdahoRob? Maybe next time I'll might be able to beat you in Super Diesel? Maybe? :Cheer:

I used to live in Spokane and raced there back in the "happy clocks" days. I'm pretty sure the track was set up short and the traps were short as well, so it showed a quick ET and high MPH. With a top end throttle stop on my car it was very consistent for mph, yet it always ran higher speeds (at lower RPMs) at Spokane. At one race up there (their so-called "World Finals") I ran a buddy of mine in the final round. He REALLY snoozed in the final (very obvious that I left on him by at least 0.2 seconds), we went through the traps and I was on the brakes closing it down but still taking about a fender on him. The timeslips showed that he won with a 9.91 to my 9.90. I watched it on TV that night, and it was very obvious in the video that it matched my recollection.

The track nowadays is awesome. Smooth surface that hooks well, a shutdown that is so long you need extra fuel to make it back if you take the last turnoff. Lots of paved pit areas, and huge & long staging lanes. The track crew is still learning some of the idiosyncracies of running a track, but I always enjoy racing there.

thats sweet they got it going correctly. Jarid told me he was cutting low 1.5 60's which is the best the truck has done so far, i think his best was a 1.52

Yes the county owns it now and is investing a lot of money into making improvements.

It was nice to meet ya too Rob..

thats sweet they got it going correctly. Jarid told me he was cutting low 1.5 60's which is the best the truck has done so far, i think his best was a 1.52

Just from the spectator standpoint, it looked like some tranny troubles? Looked like it wasn't shifting.

Just from the spectator standpoint, it looked like some tranny troubles? Looked like it wasn't shifting.

yea something with 2nd gear he had to let out of it and wait for it to shift before he could get back in it. Should be fixed for the BC race

Last edited:
Just got home a few days ago and my family a I had a good time at the show some of the fans in the stands and parking lot could have done themselves better but all around not to bad the only problem i had was 2 of the vendors where more dicks and didnt like answering a couple question my son had about a couple thing he want to do to his truck just didnt have time for him which isn't going to get buisness from us but all around a good time. the track looked awesome and a couple of the drivers we talk to where real nice and helpful

Just got home a few days ago and my family a I had a good time at the show some of the fans in the stands and parking lot could have done themselves better but all around not to bad the only problem i had was 2 of the vendors where more dicks and didnt like answering a couple question my son had about a couple thing he want to do to his truck just didnt have time for him which isn't going to get buisness from us but all around a good time. the track looked awesome and a couple of the drivers we talk to where real nice and helpful
Hope that was not me or my staff. But please understand when you are at the events, everyone wants to chat and we try and make time for every one.
If you have any questions I can help with call me 1-800-813-6366. If I am not here leave a message and I will call back.
Thanks Brad

Brad I doubt it was your crew. You guys are always willing to talk to everyone and have one of the greatest crews to hang around with.

Brad I doubt it was your crew. You guys are always willing to talk to everyone and have one of the greatest crews to hang around with.

We try but some times I get caught of guard. The diesel guys are the best. I have done dirt, mud, sand drags, off road racing, circle track and the diesel guys are the best.

Good event last weekend , I think over the next couple of years this will be one of the biggest events on the west coast.

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

Back