NX Duramax Dragster Build Thread.

First and only complete nitrous pull. 26lb of boost made 1154hp and 1682ft lbs. We will be running 45psi once all the bugs are worked out. Notice the orange ratchet strap to keep it on the engine dyno!

http://vimeo.com/23418776

This thing is going to be a MONSTER once the dyno mount gets fixed and all of the tuning is complete.

Do you have an updated idea of what events its going to make at this point, or will it just be the remaining ones on your original list?

First and only complete nitrous pull. 26lb of boost made 1154hp and 1682ft lbs. We will be running 45psi once all the bugs are worked out. Notice the orange ratchet strap to keep it on the engine dyno!

http://vimeo.com/23418776

This thing is going to be a MONSTER once the dyno mount gets fixed and all of the tuning is complete.

25 psi to about 40 psi is about 150 more hp from my testing. also the 1:1 on those turbo's is close to 38lbs!

looks good! What rpm?

The pull in the video was only logged from 3600rpm-3900 rpm. So, there is still quite a bit left on the table. We expect it to pick up more power, and alot more tq.

Here is a few pictures from our Friday evening tuning session.

photo79.JPG

photo81.JPG

photo80.JPG

We have been making some small changes here and there that, unfortunately, are taking some time. .............this is all I can say: stay tuned for some feedback shortly ;)

Clay @NX

12th will be late unless you have connections withe the weather and planning on the rain date, but I would love to see it the 11th.

Doh! Was in a hurry and glanced at at "year at a glance" calendar I had, damn thing was from 2010! Or was it just a bad flashback from last year's rain delay until Sunday ;)

Well guys... I hate to say this, but due to some engine damage found during out post-testing tear down we regret to inform you that our NX Duramax Diesel Dragster will not be making the June 4, 2011 NADM race. I will keep you informed as our progress builds and more information comes about.

Well guys... I hate to say this, but due to some engine damage found during out post-testing tear down we regret to inform you that our NX Duramax Diesel Dragster will not be making the June 4, 2011 NADM race. I will keep you informed as our progress builds and more information comes about.
What damage? You can't go out like this- elaborate further for your nitrous sprayin brotha's and sistah's:poke:

too much nitrous hurt the spiny things... Good luck getting it back up and going. Mike and i talked about this, i think they will live a long life now.

Last edited:
First 1/4 mile run

The NX Dragster just made its first 1/4 mile pass ever. There will no doubt be a lot of tuning to do but at least the car the car is finally on the track. :rockwoot:

Here's the results of the first run:

60' 1.154
330 3.259
1/8 5.022
MPH 140.83
1000 6.533
1/4 7.829
MPH 172.08

Hopefully we will be back to post some faster results as the day goes on.

Thanks Jonboy!!!

Back