ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup October 9th Crandall, TX

I kept hearing San Antonio, day of the event. I have a feeling the tracks suggested were all from guys who live near by them...

I don't live near Baytown...... I'd still go there in a heartbeat. Ennis isn't bad either. I'm not a big fan of south Texas or west.

Lol Brandon, maybe we can convince them to do it at prarie hill

Haha.. Prarie Hill.. There would be no problem putting in a pulling track.. It would be nice if all the section of the track were at the same elevation.. (all I remember is how rough that track was.. I don't think I was on that track after the first yr it was open, was back but not racing)

Ennis (Texas Motorplex is a 1/4 mile track.. NHRA has a big event there (maybe 2??) Crandall was a nice place.. Baytown was nice too..

Baytown is my vote. Great track and like everyone else said the pullers would be in between the two stands. Very diesel friendly track and they are fair at the concession stand. The staff is top notch. They managed to run around 1000 passes at the pinks event on Saturday. The only hicups I saw were mostly from drivers.

Baytown is my vote. Great track and like everyone else said the pullers would be in between the two stands. Very diesel friendly track and they are fair at the concession stand. The staff is top notch. They managed to run around 1000 passes at the pinks event on Saturday. The only hicups I saw were mostly from drivers.

speaking of PINKS how did you do????? any vids???

Baytown is a great place to have a pull and race, again because both tracks are side by side. No doubt it will be a good turnout with all of the diesels around there and college station not too far, but I'd think you would lose the guys from out of state for that one. Driving across the state of Texas is like driving across 2 of any other states, much less across 2 states and then all the way across Texas like for zstroken...

But like the others, you pick a place, we'll show up.

Baytown is a great place to have a pull and race, again because both tracks are side by side. No doubt it will be a good turnout with all of the diesels around there and college station not too far, but I'd think you would lose the guys from out of state for that one. Driving across the state of Texas is like driving across 2 of any other states, much less across 2 states and then all the way across Texas like for zstroken...

But like the others, you pick a place, we'll show up.

Yea we drove to baytown once, it was a haul!

I would like to point out, there is not a pulling track at Baytown. It is a narrow, water leaching into one end, fence and speakers on one side ,20 feet wide, a 4 foot ditch, fire ant invested yard, that has to be replanted after the pull, at no small expense.

But there is a dirt track behind the dragstrip....

You DO realize Gene and Ron....IF Baytown is picked...it has to be HUGE! It was the death of of a dying organization yet the birth of something bigger...better.:poke: The pulling track can't be that narrow strip between the fence and the ditch of DOOM

There's already one race in ennis that us southerners have to drive to.

Why can't y'all Yankees drive south to Baytown?

Back