Oil pouring from blowby after pull

101_6223.jpg

No. I had just got done doing fire rings and studs and I tend to put my nasty tools and hands up there. And I let it run for about 20 min w/o the valve cover on which made a hell of a mess. BUT.... I had trouble with the filter getting oil soaked and running down my valve cover (but none came from the puke tube anymore!).

No. I had just got done doing fire rings and studs and I tend to put my nasty tools and hands up there. And I let it run for about 20 min w/o the valve cover on which made a hell of a mess. BUT.... I had trouble with the filter getting oil soaked and running down my valve cover (but none came from the puke tube anymore!).

Oh. That is a good looking engine though. Nice work.

overflow

How about this?

It's a billet screw in piece for the front cover w/a -12an fitting and knurled exterior to get grip to tighten. It uses the factory sealing oring to seal against the cover and the tank that just fits in between the batt. box and the windshield reservior.

Attachments

• overflow adaptor.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 263
  • overflow tank.bmp
    729.1 KB · Views: 263
How about this?

It's a billet screw in piece for the front cover w/a -12an fitting and knurled exterior to get grip to tighten. It uses the factory sealing oring to seal against the cover and the tank that just fits in between the batt. box and the windshield reservior.

Nice!

We run two -12 lines off the tappet cover and a -6 off the front cover. We thought we had a crankcase pressure issue; spinning 7k will do that. Origanally Kent Crowder told me some motors puke more oil than others. He said when they built radical ram II for terry martin it was horrible for puking oil. I guess some motors make more crankcase pressure than others. Are problem was alot more than that though! Z gap rings can be your best friend! LOL! Years ago one of my buddies tapped the six valve cover on his 12v and installed breathers...It worked but boy what a mess!

Call Jegs...1-800-345-4545 order part no 555-52210 ($39.99) Crankcase evacuation kit. Install 1/2 the kit. This kit will lower crankcase pressure and allow the rings to seal better...Cheap/ easy power. Had one truck lost 1/2 qt per pull before install, none after. I have about 10 truck around here using that system, it works.

Where do you put the exhaust check valve? I know the gas drag cars put them in the header collector. In the stack?

I also wondered if anyone is running a windage tray?

I have breathers also. The last time the engine was apart I chamfered the oil return holes between the lifters to try to get the oil to return quicker and not fill the lifter gally. This seemed to to do the trick.

Back