Oil pouring from blowby after pull

Never over fill with oil. Try and run a quart low. When I change mine I only put in 10 quarts and that puts me just on the grid on the dip stick. A little low is alot better than overfull.

I ran the dog piss out of it today & no leaks. I don't understand it, just that one time.

cylinder preasures are higher when pulling then when you are out runnin it hard also the engine get warmer due to less air from the front.when pullin.

ted

cylinder preasures are higher when pulling then when you are out runnin it hard also the engine get warmer due to less air from the front.when pullin.

ted

Makes sense. I am gonna do a breather & drain some oil before my next pull. I don't think I have any problems with rings etc.

most likely not just sounds like windage and crank case preasure from abuse that we call pullin.:rockwoot:

ted

Anyone have pics of breather mod for me to look at? Trying to decide which way to go.

i used the push in style for a small black...rubber grommet in the cover then push the breather in...use hose to run any oil down under the motor...that breather never pushed any oil the entire time i had it. and it also prevented my stock breather from pushing oil out also.

246096.jpg

246093.jpg

i used the push in style for a small black...rubber grommet in the cover then push the breather in...use hose to run any oil down under the motor...that breather never pushed any oil the entire time i had it. and it also prevented my stock breather from pushing oil out also.

246096.jpg

246093.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I have a few of those breathers in the garage. I'm gonna do that same thing. Has anyone used a PCV type valve going to the air cleaner tube like a gas motor has? :hehe:

the breathers with a hose on them work great. i was talking about the open element type that a lot of people have used.

i wouldnt use a pcv valve set up. not much flow thru them.

ted

You just threaded 3/4" 90* elbows into the cover right? That truck is awesome! Thanks for the link.

yes they are threaded 90s. did that because i didnt want to add to my clutter with the big bodied breathers since it was going to a catch can anyway. either way you want to do it just let that thing get some air out.

thanks want to buy it. building a new one its just sittin here .

ted

yea the open elements were terrible for mine....puked all over everything once they got soaked.

I am gonna try the ones above!!

Call Jegs...1-800-345-4545 order part no 555-52210 ($39.99) Crankcase evacuation kit. Install 1/2 the kit. This kit will lower crankcase pressure and allow the rings to seal better...Cheap/ easy power. Had one truck lost 1/2 qt per pull before install, none after. I have about 10 truck around here using that system, it works.

Call Jegs...1-800-345-4545 order part no 555-52210 ($39.99) Crankcase evacuation kit. Install 1/2 the kit. This kit will lower crankcase pressure and allow the rings to seal better...Cheap/ easy power. Had one truck lost 1/2 qt per pull before install, none after. I have about 10 truck around here using that system, it works.

JEGS 52210

That one?

yes they are threaded 90s. did that because i didnt want to add to my clutter with the big bodied breathers since it was going to a catch can anyway. either way you want to do it just let that thing get some air out.

thanks want to buy it. building a new one its just sittin here .

ted

I have no money for a second truck.:bang

I have a few of those breathers sitting on a shelf in my garage. I'll just use one of them & be done with it. Thanks

Back