One Mile Challenge 2013

Guess we'll never know! Truck was about 1300rwhp on spray. Greg was right in that it takes lots of HP in the mile. You hit an aero wall and at that point you're done no matter how much power you throw at it.

Edit: without the trailer :D

we had right at a 1000 to go 167 , I would say it would take 1200 to go 175 and 1500 to go 185 .

I know the Jesel truck had close to 2500 to go mid 2000. The airo on that truck is the results of a lot of dodge wind tunnel testing.

I'm currently working on the Chevy Cruze for the 2015 streamliner that Chevy ask me to help on , we are hoping for 300 + MPH

Pretty kool thing to do.

How come, Mr Underwood, you delete posts from a man, or any man, who has done this when people are wanting to know what its like that may be or have been in his posts? Maybe I would have liked to read something to learn on what it takes regardless of the person's personality. I couldn't care less about egos yada yada yada, granted you can't fix that no matter who it is on this forum. I don't think it should be something seen on a forum. Just my two cents.

Back to the subject, anyone doing this, good luck to you, I will keep an eye out for those and watch the progress! Its always interesting to see how succession takes place with each team out there regardless of the sport. I don't think I will ever get into this long distance stuff though. You never know though.

24vriv, where in Ohio would it be held, the race you speak of?

Feels or not, he shouldn't have done it in the manner he chose.

Thanks for the link. Too bad I am on the other side of the state.

Wades history is anything but helpful. Ask Hypermax or Scheid about his attempt at getting them DQ for being overweight. Or the fact he has had so many projects but doesn't seem to complete one.

Heck he had quest for the 7s pretty bold in his signature yet hasn't raced in the time I've been on this board.

He is good at being a salesman. His cams seem to do real well. I know of many people who swear by him.

Only thing informative I've seen come from his keyboard is cam info.

It just depends on how much you are into the event or sport itself. But good luck to guys and gals building to compete!

Wades history is anything but helpful. Ask Hypermax or Scheid about his attempt at getting them DQ for being overweight. Or the fact he has had so many projects but doesn't seem to complete one.

Heck he had quest for the 7s pretty bold in his signature yet hasn't raced in the time I've been on this board.

He is good at being a salesman. His cams seem to do real well. I know of many people who swear by him.

Only thing informative I've seen come from his keyboard is cam info.

And the cam, you can have multiple ways to win as well. If he isn't redesigning he will be out-of-date shortly. I have been working with a pulling team that the man is so involved with his camshaft timing it opens the view up how crucial timing can be not just for the camshaft.

My honing and rings thread, we have only opened a can of worms that is quite large, honing to certain patterns and specs is crucial if you really want the best cylinder to cylinder performance.

Any ways, back to reading. Have good weekend guys.

One thing is stil not clear.
For one mile or land speed race, should the engine and gearing matched for max torque or should it be built for hight rpm.

So lets imagine I want to run 155 to 165 mph at one mile and according to rough calculation approx 1000hp is needed.

1. For max torque I think twins is only way to go (62mm +80mm) and Gear Vendor overdrive ,3.54 rear ratio and 30.5 inch tires. For 165mpg at finish line 3500 rpm is needed

2. For high rpm , the big single (71mm to 75mm) together with N20, 3.54 rear ratio and 30.5 inch tires. For 165mpg at finish line 4500 rpm is needed

I'd say either would work....the Duramax we ran was geared to go through the traps at peak horsepower, at 3,800-4,000rpm. It also had 75mm and 106mm turbos, when running that long it's hard to have too much air. The pyro still hit 1,800 for about 10 seconds on the last run. The only benefit I see to a lower rpm is that the piston may have more time to cool off? I dunno.

more RPM's is more durable the cylinder pressure is much less, and more air is moving thru the motor to cool.

I have tryed both ways and the EGT's get cool;er as you move the power band up. Project X diesel would hit the wall about the 3/4 mile mark, and gains in MPh were very slow.

There are many Gains in MPH is just Aero. taking the mirrows off and tape was a solid 2 mph

On the Mustang we worked on aero and burned a motor up for lack of air flow over the radator. at 205 mph the door molding blew off

I would move the engine cooling to the rear of the bed for weight and use a water tank or say 25 gallons as well as a 25 gallon ice water air to water intercooler. then seal up the front end would gain you a lot.

remember to can do all the aero you want , but don't forget the under side , this is a super durty airy for drag

I have a lot of data from the Jesel truck. and there is a lot of tweeks

Thanks about the advice.

I had plan to move the radiator back to bed, to get the truck nose shorter amd eliminate the intercooler and to cooling use N2O

My tuck might not be the best aerodynamics .... , but I can improve it

attachment.php

in reality if you slam it down to the ground , it will have less area it looks then a moderen truck. use a nine inch ford, for the ratios

the mile is in part a really long drag race , becasuse accelaration will help you get faster

A Duramax just went 147mph in the half mile, on the limiter for about the last 800 feet....Greg, you still have the diesel truck record at the Texas Mile? Might be in Jeopardy! :)

Last year at the silver state classic I went 144mph in the half mile shootout. Conditions were pretty harsh. They run it in Ely, Nevada. The elevation was 6200ft and was 90 plus degrees out that day.

It was a lot of fun. On my last pass about 1000ft in I started losing drive pressure due to a blown manifold gasket. That was the run I went 144 on. I am looking to go back and hit 160 in the half mile.

I run 32" tires with 3.42 gears on a 2006 GMC ccsb. My weight that day was 7400lbs. The tune I ran 144 on was around 900hp.

I have often day dreamed about the silver state classic. Did you actually run the race, or just the half mile?

Hmm, we might have to look into running a mile event one of these days. Sounds like the records would be well within reach being that we have run 152mph in the 1/4...

Hmm, we might have to look into running a mile event one of these days. Sounds like the records would be well within reach being that we have run 152mph in the 1/4...

What ratio is in the rear? That truck would DESTROY the mile as long as you had some rpm to play with.

I have often day dreamed about the silver state classic. Did you actually run the race, or just the half mile?

I didn't get to run the event do to the exhaust manifold gasket blowing out.

This years events conflicted with my NHRDA schedule. Hope to get back and run in the 110mph class.

Back