One thing led to another. Build thread.

Shlong bed?

E323AB0A-BAD5-4B5F-8E88-C205E4A63801_zpsgwq9h0ce.jpg

19FC3836-1317-4825-A4B9-CDDCF476562B_zpsqakt2op8.jpg

The shlongbed is starting to take shape. We finished cutting the junk off the bedsides and got them roughly positioned. Tomorrow we'll work on the tubular structure for the bed.

65FD6A53-4C59-40A8-B9CE-82E73A8AC5B9_zpsgkwtxxzk.jpg

Just found this thread.. Sexual build. Can't wait to see the finished product!

What an awesome build. Shlong bed looks great!

Think you should enter that in Ultimate Callout Challenge!

Looking really slick jp!

Is there going to be support bars from the top of the halo back down to the rear frame?

With the partial surrounding close to the driver seat it looks more than sufficient as is but I haven't seen one like this.

Looking really slick jp!

Is there going to be support bars from the top of the halo back down to the rear frame?

With the partial surrounding close to the driver seat it looks more than sufficient as is but I haven't seen one like this.

Thanks! The cage is 25.x / funny car cage. No bars out the back. I wanted to keep everything looking pretty stock on the outside. Keeping the bars below the top of the bed, and a few other little details was part of the plan to keep it stealth.

I'm thinking about trying to adapt a newer super duty air dam to the bumper cover. I'm not sure it'll look right, but it's worth a try I guess. I'm open to any other suggestions. I'd use the factory dodge piece, but I want something bigger like the ford part.

27E6E41A-63B6-47A9-83D3-EBECB2D0B006_zpsulyunagk.jpg

anti-roll cory is building

95B0FAB8-B20C-418D-8749-7ACDCC592649_zpsehwqe0qx.jpg

Anti-roll installed

78357B20-5371-4298-8568-A75DE5D4DEE4_zpsn14pqkzs.jpg

Wind tunnel (scale model) testing on a rclb without a bed cover. Notice the turbulent air behind the tailgate.

F3FF3E62-4A2F-4998-9465-21DD68D2B622_zpss0vr2w0b.jpg

A little better with the cover installed.

5C9BE622-7E9A-41D8-B2B8-7470F328D2E3_zps8v9ejfci.jpg

Last edited:
The shlongbed is starting to take shape. We finished cutting the junk off the bedsides and got them roughly positioned. Tomorrow we'll work on the tubular structure for the bed.

65FD6A53-4C59-40A8-B9CE-82E73A8AC5B9_zpsgkwtxxzk.jpg

looks killer, what size are those tires?

Any update on yours too?!?!

JP, its looking great!!

You should start a thread over in general discussion about your agri-spraying. I'd love to see more pics of your job. :D

What he said! I forgot you were THAT guy. I used to think the traditional sprayers were cool, but this...

JP, its looking great!!

You should start a thread over in general discussion about your agri-spraying. I'd love to see more pics of your job. :D

I quit posting in it because no one seemed to have any interest in it anymore.

Can you stick a wing on the scale model??? Interested to see if it would change anything

Talking a drag wing. Not a ricer wing before anyone says anything lol

I'm thinking about trying to adapt a newer super duty air dam to the bumper cover. I'm not sure it'll look right, but it's worth a try I guess. I'm open to any other suggestions. I'd use the factory dodge piece, but I want something bigger like the ford part.

27E6E41A-63B6-47A9-83D3-EBECB2D0B006_zpsulyunagk.jpg

anti-roll cory is building

95B0FAB8-B20C-418D-8749-7ACDCC592649_zpsehwqe0qx.jpg

Anti-roll installed

78357B20-5371-4298-8568-A75DE5D4DEE4_zpsn14pqkzs.jpg

Wind tunnel (scale model) testing on a rclb without a bed cover. Notice the turbulent air behind the tailgate.

F3FF3E62-4A2F-4998-9465-21DD68D2B622_zpss0vr2w0b.jpg

A little better with the cover installed.

5C9BE622-7E9A-41D8-B2B8-7470F328D2E3_zps8v9ejfci.jpg

The desert race guys use a firm plastic sheet and build their own air dam/valences... look into what plastics your local plastic shop has in sheets in the size you want... Maybe even Lexan with braces...

Why not splined anti-roll bar rather than welded?

Awesome wind tunnel simulation work!!! Serious undertaking there!!! Chop the model down to get your bed length too...

Last edited:
looks killer, what size are those tires?

29.5 x 10.5 - 15

JP, its looking great!!

Start the thread, and i'll jump in.

I quit posting in it because no one seemed to have any interest in it anymore.

I understand completely. It's hard to stay motivated on mine.

Can you stick a wing on the scale model??? Interested to see if it would change anything

Talking a drag wing. Not a ricer wing before anyone says anything lol

I want to keep it stock looking, and that would stand out. Maybe a little tailgate spoiler like the later 3rd gens had?

The desert race guys use a firm plastic sheet and build their own air dam/valences... look into what plastics your local plastic shop has in sheets in the size you want... Maybe even Lexan with braces...

Why not splined anti-roll bar rather than welded?

Awesome wind tunnel simulation work!!! Serious undertaking there!!! Chop the model down to get your bed length too...

The wind tunnel testing was not done by me.

I'll let cory answer on the welded vs splined question.

I want a molded looking spoiler, so i'd like to try to fit something that goes on a car/truck.

Back