opinions on newer junk

sissy....ive had one for almost 20 yrs....unless ya got a mtr home with an enclosed trailer..or a real sissy in a motel..neither of which is camping...
Toyhauler isn't camping either, get a tent or be a real man and just get a sleeping bag!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yeah yeah..i hear ya...you guys probly haven't slept in a tent in yrs....we do that too..just not when were taking 3 quads and 4 people

I mean....new toolboxes..took the stack off...Gage is almost 14 in a cpl weeks...6'1''...245.....kids a beast...

Attachments

• gage semi2.jpg
    gage semi2.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 0
  • gage semi1.jpg
    gage semi1.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 0
  • gage semi.jpg
    gage semi.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 0
I can tell you from others experience that I know personally that going from a CTD to a gasser for towing, even if it is only every now and again, you will hate it. Plan on under 8 MPG with a gasser towing your toy hauler, 8 is if you are lucky. While you have hated the FL 60 so far you have made many repairs to it and it is more reliable now than when you bought it. You don't have to pay for the FL to sit every day like you would with the new truck, even if you do not use it.

I know everyone says the you will miss the diesel, but the reviews I have seen on the 7.3 gasser seem pretty good. It seems like Ford designed this engine with a very flat torque curve. Would like some real world feedback from folks on it.

yeah yeah..i hear ya...you guys probly haven't slept in a tent in yrs....we do that too..just not when were taking 3 quads and 4 people

Quads? You mean off road mobility scooters?

For what it’s worth they do make accessories for the gas world. Blower on the 7.3 Ford and you’ve got 700hp and don’t need the bag over your head since your not going to be seen driving a dodge.

Quads? You mean off road mobility scooters?

Okay...that's funny. Two wheeler humor. I get it.

My son wanted a quad when he was around 11 or 12. I got him a go cart, actually more like a baja buggy. Figured if he was going to run around on four tires, he might as well learn to drive at the same time.

I believe that quads are more dangerous than cycles. False sense of confidence wise.

Okay...that's funny. Two wheeler humor. I get it.

I believe that quads are more dangerous than cycles. False sense of confidence wise.

I've rode all types, still think 3 wheelers are the most fun!

Pffffft... build a cabin in the woods like Grizzly, or Jeremiah.

I nearly spit my whiskey out and wrecked my mobility scooter laughing at that. At my cabin in the woods.

I didn’t build it and my tent bag has lots of spider webs on it though :lolly:

The 250R quad put me on my lid once. The KTMs never did.

Let’s not even talk about a 9 year old on his 3 wheeler. I just looked at my legs and smiled because they still work.

Wife was at my daughters soccer game last week and the kids at the house near the park were racing around on a big 4x4 quad. They of course rolled it and she just happened to see it. Both got thrown far enough away that it didn’t land on them and they jumped up. Phuck those pieces of chit. Slow, can’t climb chit, might as well ride a damn wheelchair. At least 2-3 times a year some kid dies on one around here.

Funny how the people that used to own Honda Odyssey/Pilot yard carts when they were young now drive the same but are way less cool since it’s a van/suv.

There is a hierarchy in the woods. Jeeps being at the bottom of the evolutionary knuckle dragger food chain, followed by quads. Then the RZR douchers with the Florida Georgia line blasting while chugging NaddyLite with their white framed sunglasses following each other like a Shriners parade. Then there are the rest of us on 2 wheels that requires some talent and who shower at hotels and chit in real plumbing and don’t drive Dodges.

Well then be prepared to die! Because if you thought the old 250R Honda was an animal.....

https://bvctrikes.com/collections/ktm-parts-and-kits/products/ktm-500exc-trike-standard-conversion-kit

There is a hierarchy in the woods. Jeeps being at the bottom of the evolutionary knuckle dragger food chain, followed by quads. Then the RZR douchers with the Florida Georgia line blasting while chugging NaddyLite with their white framed sunglasses following each other like a Shriners parade. Then there are the rest of us on 2 wheels that requires some talent and who shower at hotels and chit in real plumbing and don’t drive Dodges.

Now THAT'S an opinion!

Lol RZR’s being above anything on that list makes that opinion hilarious too.

Watching a built R with a talented pilot dusting bikes on the track and trail is equally hilarious. Not everyone is a rider.

Wife was at my daughters soccer game last week and the kids at the house near the park were racing around on a big 4x4 quad. They of course rolled it and she just happened to see it. Both got thrown far enough away that it didn’t land on them and they jumped up. Phuck those pieces of chit. Slow, can’t climb chit, might as well ride a damn wheelchair. At least 2-3 times a year some kid dies on one around here.

Funny how the people that used to own Honda Odyssey/Pilot yard carts when they were young now drive the same but are way less cool since it’s a van/suv.

Well then be prepared to die! Because if you thought the old 250R Honda was an animal.....

https://bvctrikes.com/collections/k...ucts/ktm-500exc-trike-standard-conversion-kit
You ain't wrong! I look at those conversions often. Family friend had a 350X, was so cool. We just had a pair of 110 Honda's. I'd settle for one of them for the nostalgia.
The point of wrecking is big, wreck a bike, its pretty much just there, wreck a quad, those things chase after you! My only reservations on a bike is I get stupid on them, surprised I never got seriously hurt with any of them!

Full disclosure, I currently own a Honda pioneer 1000-5, 99% of its use putting around back roads with the kids. Should probably sell it, but still holding out hope to get into a larger property at some point, then it'd come in handy.

Back