Opinions on this turbo rule

the major problem I see is the t3 flange. my stock turbo and manifold has a t4 flange. how am I sopposed to compete with a smaller than stock flange?

Heres some input for you, DETAILS!

• Altering of a turbo housing to accommodate a smaller foot or base will not be permitted.
• 2.6 class: Exhaust housing should be OEM for the specific vehicle or T-3 type mount (1.75"X3.375" bolt pattern). T-4 and T-6 type mounts not allowed, waste gates are allowed only if the design is internal to the turbine housing, spacers and/or adapters between the turbine housing and exhaust manifold are not allowed. The turbo must fasten directly to the exhaust manifold.

• Map width enhancement is allowed. Maximum map width .150”. MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake covered is measured at 2.6"

• Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6 inch bore, no steps allowed in the cover or compressor wheel, no bushings allowed in the compressor cover, Intake housing to be no larger than 2.6 inches at the face of the wheel. Maximum OD of the compressor cover may not exceed 8.5"

Exhaust:
• 2.6 class: exhaust must exit the turbo through a pipe no larger than 4" OD which must extend to the rear of the transmission bell housing before changing size.

I think these rules look pretty good for gettin the 2.6 back to an entry level where a guy with a 600-700hp streetable truck can actually do well rather than be mid-pack. I also think that these rules would bring 2.8 back from the dead because your hot 2.6 trucks are not gonna step down to s300's and they are not gonna wanna step to a true 3.0 or unlimited class either.

the major problem I see is the t3 flange. my stock turbo and manifold has a t4 flange. how am I sopposed to compete with a smaller than stock flange?

What stock truck has a T4? If its your CR in your sig than it has T3, but the 6.7's have a T4i which is closer to a T3 than a T4.

Just asking, who ever said that 2.6 is supposed to be an "entry level class"?

Or is that something we all invented in our heads?

Because I don't read "entry level" in any of the rules.

Isn't "entry level" what work stock is for?

Well said... 2.6 should be the next 2.8, offer 3.0 and then a superstock class.
The local classes can have a 2.4 or even a 2.5 that won't allow anything larger than an s300.

Well said... 2.6 should be the next 2.8, offer 3.0 and then a superstock class.
The local classes can have a 2.4 or even a 2.5 that won't allow anything larger than an s300.

Exactly.
Not NADMs fault the fairs who are adopting National 2.6 rules for their local entry level class are getting pounded.

And who pushes the Fairs to adopt the 2.6 over WS? Local guys with a 66 who want to beat up on the true stock stuff.
Pick the right class to follow for the trucks you have locally.

Exactly how would a Dmax mount any aftermarket turbo to it's "oe sized manifold"? That's tough given the turbo doesn't mount to one. I'm confident you know this already gene. In fact, I think there might only be a couple options for aftermarket turboes on a Dmax that are t3. Ats aurora line being only one coming to mind. The junk bd might be also but I can't remember if it's t3 or t4. I believe the overwhelming majority of turbo kits available for the Dmax are t4 based.

Do I really have to argue about them being hand grenade because of the puny shaft in the s300 based turbos as compared to the s400/t4 chargers? That'll be fun dodging the turbo pieces raining from the stacks & hope we don't lunch a motor from pieces blowing through the intercooler somehow.

Not bashing really. Just saying, if the national chains are going this route, I really hope the organizations local to me no longer try to align their rules with the national org/events.

As the others said, people need to get it pitot their heads that the 2.6 class is entry level. It simply is not and should not be thought of as such.

I like the 2ns set of rules gene but other then the t3 BS i think it should be t4 limit direct bolt only

If a superfarm tractor can make more than 1000 hp on a t4 non gated charger on a 450 ci + engine spinning 5000 rpm than its not gonna bung you up that bad.

Ya just over 1000hp with 640cid!

Exactly.
Not NADMs fault the fairs who are adopting National 2.6 rules for their local entry level class are getting pounded.

And who pushes the Fairs to adopt the 2.6 over WS? Local guys with a 66 who want to beat up on the true stock stuff.
Pick the right class to follow for the trucks you have locally.

I can't believe you made those statements.

This is what PPL uses for Super Farm.

With obvious changes to sizes listed, and exhaust teching issues in pick ups, how would this affect the classes/trucks that are out there pulling now?

10. Turbos:
10A. Altering of a turbo housing to accommodate a smaller foot or base will not be permitted.
10B. Exhaust housing and exhaust manifold bolt pattern shall be no larger than 2.75 X 3.5 inches.
12 Intake:
• Map width enhancement is allowed. Maximum map width .200”. MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake covered is mearsured at 3”
• Compressor wheel must protrude into three inch bore.
• Intake housing to be no larger than three inches at the face of the wheel.
13 Exhaust:
• All turbine wheel blades to protrude into three inch bore. All air must exit through 3” opening.
• Turbine wheel exhaust blade to be no less than 2.90” in diameter at intersection of turbine wheel face and tip diameter.
• Turbine housing to be no larger than three inches at intersection of turbine wheel face and tip diameter.
• Exhaust housing will be measured at intersection of turbine wheel face and tip diameter.
14. No waste gates will be permitted.
15. No variable geometric turbos permitted.

I tech these rules 2-3 times a week, they work well for the tractors. They limit the foot to a t-4, bc that is what almost all tractors come with stock. Most of them even run old cracked stock manifolds. Just remember,(all of those who are whining that the class is too expensive now) the more limits and specifications you put on the class, the more expensive it will get. The way the rules are now, you can go to a big truck junk yard and get a good s-400 for prolly like $400 and be real competitive. With limits like these, there will be billet wheels and custom castings for ex housing and all kinds of other goodies that will make a competitive charger run about $4-5,000 and the same 5 will still be in the top 5.

Will a Chevy have to run a stock pedestal?

There is no such thing. The up pipes empty directly into the turbine housing in stock form.

Aftermarket kits have pedestals. The pedestal has a flange on it. All three major flanges are available, T3, T4, T6.

To like the wheel must protrude into the inducer bore rule.

But this true 2.6 stuff is funny. How are going to tech if the wheel was an off the shelf 2.6 wheel or if it was machined to meet the rule? Simple. Your not going to!

If you truly want to limit things go to a comp wheel exducer limit. Again hard to tech.

It would be interesting to do some testing of restrictor plates this fall on the dyno and see what happens

man you have one tough job Gene, after 12 mo of *****ing to choke the 2.6 class you suggest some rules and you get this:bang I think restrictor plates would be something to consider.
I guess he did ask for opinoins.

Last edited:
Naw, I ask them this every year, and when they see possible rule changes in print, they always decide the old rules were pretty good...:lolly:

Does anyone else have a headache from reading all this Bull**** lolbif. Build a truck and run it, if you dont like it stand on the sidelines with your "id rather be stroking than cummin" shirt and be a cheerleader with all the other hillbillies:cheer:

Damn Chris what put you in such a fine mood?LOL I know what your saying, pull whatever classes you happen to fit in and win if you can.

Then have someone ***** about my truck because it has a cummins in it. LOL

I'd say more but there are times I know when to keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:
Damn Chris what put you in such a fine mood?LOL I know what your saying, pull whatever classes you happen to fit in and win if you can.

Im usually someone to sitback and watch things just play out. I guess Im just tired of hearing all the complaining...if I wanted to hear it I wouldve got married years ago lol:stab:
Whatever happens a decision would be nice asap so we can get going with lineing parts up for our projects this winter. :shake:

If we aren't trying to tame these 2.6 trucks down to make the class more appealing to new pullers than what is the point in changing the rules?

2.6 is the prolly biggest and most popular class, leave the rules alone and tell the crybabies who can't compete to go back to a stock turbo and run workstock.

I thought all the bi*ching was to make it so that guys who run a 62-66mm charger on a street truck(which are very popular) could still come and pull and not come in dead last (and quit pulling) because most of the 2.6 class are built motor trailer queens. I've got at least a dozen buddies that have larger than stock chargers on their street trucks that will not travel even 1-2 hours to pull with NADM because its not worth it to pay the money to join knowing they dont have a chance in hell at even making top 15.

When it comes to NADM and the "national" level you can only pull with a stock turbo (entry level), or have to make the leap to 800-900hp built motors because there is no in between.

i think that banning the larger frame chargers like S400 etc from 2.6 will separate the classes, give the slightly modified street trucks a class to play in, and bring 2.8 back from the dead for the guys who wanna run custom cover S400's on built motors...but YMMV.

Back