Opinions on this turbo rule

I am missing the difference between the restrictor plate and a bushing.

Bushing only limits flow through the inducer bore, nothing else.

Restrictor plate limits total flow, flow through the inducer AND mwe.

I still say put a 33x12.50 tire limit on the trucks and you will see the classes close down. I mean 6000lb gas trucks run a 33x12.50 limit. We let 8000lb diesels run anything they can? If you really want to tone down the class, take away the traction! If you can only put 600HP to the ground what good is 1200?[/QUOTE]

this maybe the correct path to take, because i can tell you first hand we started out the season on single 35x12.5's and had a couple 2nd and 3rd place finishes, we couldnt get hooked up. we put duals on and beat the same trucks 20ft. limit the tires and your distance from the back to front will be tightened up it will also help with the driveline failure.

limit it to either a 33 or a 35x12.5 single wheel rears and youll help 2 problems.

now theres a diff approach! Interesting.

figures a guy capable of making nearly the most power in the class would not want to limit power but rather something else!!

LOL just poking at you a little Patrick. :D

I agree with limiting the tire size, but to bring the class within reason there must be changes to restrict the power.

but then you eliminate qafactory dual wheel trucks?
You don't eliminate them, just force them to pull a tire off a side or buy a traditional rim/tire for pulling. Let's face it, one of the first things people upgrade for pulling is their tires. Not too many people pulling with stock tread 245s found on the early dmaxs.
Yes its a restriction and a hurdle for dually guys but its not a high one and if they take a tire off only costs time and they can still pull in most places.

I have been beating the restrictor plate horse but other rules such as this (limiting tire size) go hand in hand with controlling a class. Trust me I have seen rules get out of hand and bring in lots of trucks short term only to be the demise a few short years down the road and it never recovers...

Last edited:
I never thought about it quite that way but tire limitation would be good!

I have been beating the restrictor plate horse but other rules such as this (limiting tire size) go hand in hand with controlling a class. Trust me I have seen rules get out of hand and bring in lots of trucks short term only to be the demise a few short years down the road and it never recovers...

You bring up a good point as much as I don't like getting 30+ feet put on me, the person who puts on the 30+ feet puts on one heck of a show, and the crowds like it. It is a double edged sword, the competitors don't like the whooping, but the crowd loves to see a truck drag it way out!

Apparently you haven't seen inside many stock appearing turbos.

I may not have seen inside many stock appearing turbos, but how in the hell are you going to tech something that appears to be stock. One thing that appears stock to someone may not appear stock to the next. How much hp have you seen a hx35 make, not much. Maybe im missing your point.

Back