Our collection

No problem. Just get a hold of me, it's no problem at all normally....just some days in October are worse than others due to harvest.

Chris

As for the bonus question, is that what's sitting next to the dootz?

Bunch of nice stuff you got there. Some things that caught my eye, having both a 1750 and 1755 Cockshutt wheatland, kind of strange seeing a 4-115 without a reverser. I got all wound up there thinking you had a 1750 PFA, then from another pic realized it was a 1800B gas. Still not common though.

Lots of interesting stuff there. I have to agree, everything is too unique to stuff a B into. While I'd like to end up with that engine you have, you would have alot of fun stuffing it into a 1650 with a narrow front. Makes for a stupidly handy tractor to have around the dealership and quite a conversation piece. Mine was used for that for a very short time until I got carried away with making it go fast. Planning on detuning it this winter if I can make time to build a new tractor.

Good eye Brad.

The 4-115 is a bareback, not even hydraulics, with a (slipping) Over/Under....she's still a pulling SOB! The 1800 Gas is sharp...and the guy that owned it before us gave the auctioneer a pile of receipts totaling about $18,000...nuts, but she's nice now!

I do have a 1600 NF Gas though....although I like the old smooth running gasser too much to drop a 5.9 in there. That would be a good engine for that useless 1550 Utility Dad just thought he needed.

I guess I did miss a few, like the one at my house, and a couple in the neighbors barn. We have them stashed all over this end of the county.

Oh, and I missed that 2150 FWA we still can't figure out the oil pressure issue on::(

Thanks for the compliment Brad! I'm sure there are a neat ones running around up there somewhere....
Chris

Damn - you've got a whole lot more stuff than I realized. I'm going to have to make it down that way one of these days and hang out when things are slow on your end. I want to drive that 6-12. :D

Anytime. Our antique master got it running like a top for the show, so 2 pulls and she's purring now.

Clutch is a bit sticky though, eat your wheaties...

Chris

I do have a 1600 NF Gas though....although I like the old smooth running gasser too much to drop a 5.9 in there. That would be a good engine for that useless 1550 Utility Dad just thought he needed.

Is there anything unique about the fiat sitting kind of behind the porsce? I've got a 1355 high crop scattered about in pieces that I should get put back together some day. You need to find me a set of 14.9X34 tires for that. Yes, 14.9X34. WTF.

1550 utility gas or diesel? Straightshaft? Did he buy that because he was at the auction in Wooster and saw a less than nice one bring over 15K? I'm pretty sure there was some fishy chit going on at that auction. Knowing who sold it, and who bought it, and who the other bidder was that made it bring that much.......
Speaking of that auction, is that the 2255 that your dad bought from us?

Anyhow, 1550 rear ends are weak. You can tear one up at 6500lbs with a stock 3208. Ask me how I know. :hehe: Besides that, I'd use one that had the wet pto clutch so you have enough pto to run big balers and such.

Sometime stick your head under the left platform on the 4-115. Some of those were built in the mid 70's and had a casting boss sticking out where the hydraulic pump was on a 17/18/1955 ect. Obviously it was not machined there, but you could see where it could have been. I always found that interesting.

Thanks for posting all the pictures and PLEASE post more. I need to go up to my buddies grandparents house and get a picture of all his old tractors and small engines.

Is there anything unique about the fiat sitting kind of behind the porsce? I've got a 1355 high crop scattered about in pieces that I should get put back together some day. You need to find me a set of 14.9X34 tires for that. Yes, 14.9X34. WTF.

1550 utility gas or diesel? Straightshaft? Did he buy that because he was at the auction in Wooster and saw a less than nice one bring over 15K? I'm pretty sure there was some fishy chit going on at that auction. Knowing who sold it, and who bought it, and who the other bidder was that made it bring that much.......
Speaking of that auction, is that the 2255 that your dad bought from us?

Anyhow, 1550 rear ends are weak. You can tear one up at 6500lbs with a stock 3208. Ask me how I know. :hehe: Besides that, I'd use one that had the wet pto clutch so you have enough pto to run big balers and such.

Sometime stick your head under the left platform on the 4-115. Some of those were built in the mid 70's and had a casting boss sticking out where the hydraulic pump was on a 17/18/1955 ect. Obviously it was not machined there, but you could see where it could have been. I always found that interesting.

Just a 1265 High Crop...good runner, just a little ugly.

The 1550 is just one he used to have, found another one, and decided he wanted it. I just think it looks dumb that low to the ground. Not sure about the details on it, just a 1550 Diesel to me.

The 2255 came from Wooster, so I guess it could have come from you guys...I didn't know that.

I'll check out the 4-115....that's kinda cool!

Wow Awesome collection. Would love to see that collection someday.

How many of these different tractors run still?

I would say 75% of them would run easily. There are only about a dozen or 15 that are stuck.

Thanks for posting all the pictures and PLEASE post more. I need to go up to my buddies grandparents house and get a picture of all his old tractors and small engines.

I'll see about more of them...If nothing else, I'll post more as we move them out of the barn for the party!

I think you are just moving them around and taking more pics. :group:

You have too many cool toys.

Not gonna work that hard:D

Thanks again all for the comments. Dad's goal is to start hosting his own tractor show someday. We have enough stuff to have our own, just don't have enough good area for a show grounds at home.

Chris

Oh, and how much you wanting to spend? 14.9-34's are front tires for the DT's....we probably have something here. How good? Brand preference?

Chris

The 2255 came from Wooster, so I guess it could have come from you guys...I didn't know that.

We got one in that needed either clutch or 3 speed work, dad was all wound up that tractors at that auction were gonna bring big money. I had to run your dad up so we didn't lose money. I didn't like that.

Oh, and how much you wanting to spend? 14.9-34's are front tires for the DT's....we probably have something here. How good? Brand preference?Chris

Kinda forgot about those. I kind of elimated them as a option because all of those that I've seen look very wrong on the back of a 1960's tractor. 1/2 tread or better, fair price, no brand preferance, just something that would look reasonably correct on the back of a 1355. I'm sure you know what I mean.

We got one in that needed either clutch or 3 speed work, dad was all wound up that tractors at that auction were gonna bring big money. I had to run your dad up so we didn't lose money. I didn't like that.

Kinda forgot about those. I kind of elimated them as a option because all of those that I've seen look very wrong on the back of a 1960's tractor. 1/2 tread or better, fair price, no brand preferance, just something that would look reasonably correct on the back of a 1355. I'm sure you know what I mean.

We adjusted the clutch, everything is fine. Your dad should have let you look it over better beforehand. We've even pulled the sled a few times and took it on a 50 mile round the county drive. Don't worry about running it up, no need to lose money on something like that!

I'll look in the tire pile for something that fits it.
Chris

BTW Brad, the 1550 is a Diesel with a straightshaft....it's been hooked to a tree spade since we've owned it. Dad just thought it was the right color green, and different enough he should own it.

Got the explanation from my Brother....
Chris

Chris, yall's collection is one of the best I've seen. Please keep them coming!! I can see now why you had people drooling of the 4W-305. Your guys and the painter did a heck of a job on it! I love the HD-16 crawler and 440 4wd tractor. Your cotton picker looks bigger thatn the one I told you about down here. Maybe a little bit longer basket on it. I don't know how many models they had. Glad to see you have some of the "other green" in there. (Deere) LOL Do yall still use the TS-160 pan? It looks huge!! What fuel model is the D19 high crop? I know a guy down here that has all 3 fuel types of D19's in the High crop version restored. Great collection again!!! If i'm ever in Ohio I'd like to see them in person if you didn't mind also. Please keep posting pics!

Chris

Anytime. Just PM me or call the store and ask for me. 800-996-2937 (800-99MAYER)

The model on the older pickers is a 616 or 622 (single row or 2 row) They mounted on a D17 turned backwards. We'd like to find one.

The D19 is a Diesel. We have a propane D17 High Crop, and a D17 Diesel Thompson high crop as well. We have something of every high crop they offered I believe. From the UC's to the 8000 Series.

We just got the pan over the winter, but I'm sure we'll use it at some point. It would have been nice to have back in July '11 when we started excavation for my new shop.

Chris

BADASS STUFF..we go to the flywheelers show every spring and fall..i sold my 2010 so i dont show anymore but its a blast..even my 5 yr old loves it

Back