Our collection

I thought of this thread today as I fired up the JD 730LP Standard from storage because we were getting the farm tank filled today and its a nice convenient time to fill the tank on it as well. I had to tuck it away in the barn quickly because of the storms rolling in, but I'll get a pic of her in her work clothes when the weather moves out - she is still a dirty old girl - but still too nice to restore. Her baby sister is in pieces in the corner of the shop... I need to finish pulling her apart and get her restored... a JD 630LP Standard.

Anytime. Just PM me or call the store and ask for me. 800-996-2937 (800-99MAYER)

The model on the older pickers is a 616 or 622 (single row or 2 row) They mounted on a D17 turned backwards. We'd like to find one.

The D19 is a Diesel. We have a propane D17 High Crop, and a D17 Diesel Thompson high crop as well. We have something of every high crop they offered I believe. From the UC's to the 8000 Series.

We just got the pan over the winter, but I'm sure we'll use it at some point. It would have been nice to have back in July '11 when we started excavation for my new shop.

Chris

Ok I'll keep an eye for one of the pickers. I think I know 2 places to check just now thought about them. Weren't the high crops pretty rare or one of the fuel types rare in a high crop model?? What motor is in the scrapper?

Chris

I myself was bred green but yellow, red, green, purple whatever this is truely an awesome collection!...Shoot have your own show and park them in the field, barns, store wherever you can fit em, i'd pay to come see them. Have family about 2 hours from there up in Spencer.

you're still missing one of my favorites... the huge cab-less loader thingy.

I just realized that I'm pretty sure we have the same grader as you. Dad took it in on a debt and we use it about 3 times a month. It's loaned out right now or I'd get better pics.

1319719463977.jpg

Wow! As somebody who grew up with green but always appreciated all makes and models, that is one HELL of a collection.

Damn, I need to make another trek back over your way again. I think me and dad just looked through the stuff at your place that time. Didnt see all the other places. I think you need another 440 and I'll take that 305 off your hands:lolly:

Ok I'll keep an eye for one of the pickers. I think I know 2 places to check just now thought about them. Weren't the high crops pretty rare or one of the fuel types rare in a high crop model?? What motor is in the scrapper?

Chris

High crops are decently rare...everyone loves the LP models, we like Diesels.

Scraper has a 516 AC/Buda

Wow! As somebody who grew up with green but always appreciated all makes and models, that is one HELL of a collection.

Thank You

I myself was bred green but yellow, red, green, purple whatever this is truely an awesome collection!...Shoot have your own show and park them in the field, barns, store wherever you can fit em, i'd pay to come see them. Have family about 2 hours from there up in Spencer.

That may be in the cards someday! Thank You!

you're still missing one of my favorites... the huge cab-less loader thingy.

Which one?

Thank You

very nice

Thank You

Great collection love seeing old I iron

Thank You

Damn, I need to make another trek back over your way again. I think me and dad just looked through the stuff at your place that time. Didnt see all the other places. I think you need another 440 and I'll take that 305 off your hands:lolly:

NO THANK YOU! We like our 440, but we like the 4W better. Come on over...plenty to see!

Chris

Do you kow the Bergeson family from ransom Illinois? They are big into all things ac. They still run two or three of the big 4wd to work ground. He's got all the available styles of ac from the years his kids were born. They even have a small restored ac in the kitchen on display. I've seen it.

Wow, Chris you have a truly awesome collection of old iron:clap:. Excellent stuff!

wow, thats a lot of tractors. nice collection. I grew up plowing in a mm g1355 cab
like the one in the pic. lots of lugging power!
would like to see the 50 series mm hiding behind that 1870 white.
winter plans for me are building a mm g1050 hot farm with a 8.3 cummins :)

Back