Over heating

One thing that I have noticed as I used to be able to spool this really quickly by power braking now it takes abit to spool and also it has a haze while idling
I had both turbos rebuilt last moth also when i rebuilt the engine

Last edited:
The marine injectors are okay. No doubt they perform. Invest in a custom set tailored to your needs and your done.

check for boost leaks by pressurizing and squirting fittings with water. I've had intake plate bolts leak.
I also was running warm egts awhile back and found my intercooler had started leaking.
what about your trans cooler?
are you in lockup hitting the hills?

One thing that I have noticed as I used to be able to spool this really quickly by power braking now it takes abit to spool and also it has a haze while idling
I had both turbos rebuilt last moth also when i rebuilt the engine

I'd check over your waste gate on your secondary. Will cause spool to be slower and egt's to be hot if the puck isn't sealing well.

check for boost leaks by pressurizing and squirting fittings with water. I've had intake plate bolts leak.
I also was running warm egts awhile back and found my intercooler had started leaking.
what about your trans cooler?
are you in lockup hitting the hills?

New trans cooler my trans never gets ove 165

My vote is on the nozzles. Get top quality injectors and make sure they're hitting the bowl right. Was the block decked? Head surfaced?

Ok update on the overheating .
I decided to pull out the brand new mishimoto radiator and replace it with a new stock aluminum smaller than the mishimoto . I believe today at 6 o'clock. It was around 101 degrees out side .With the trailer loaded and ac on full. Blast . I pulled all the way to the top of the hill at 65 mph and 30 pounds of boost ,1230 egt and water temps hit just under 230 with ac on . turned around and hit the hill again with ac off .Same speed and boost .Water temp never went over 220 degrees.
At the moment I am not a believer in the mishimoto radiator .
I need to change my injectors with a 145 angle and install a bigger intercooler. I believe after that all will be better ?

Last edited:
I am surprised the mishimoto radiator is causing this issue. Glad you nailed it down to this being the root cause, but dang. I had portrayed that brand to be king of the hill for aftermarket/ performance coolers.

Back