Over heating

I am surprised the mishimoto radiator is causing this issue. Glad you nailed it down to this being the root cause, but dang. I had portrayed that brand to be king of the hill for aftermarket/ performance coolers.

Me too
I bought last spring there intercooler installed it and headed to moab and loved it egts dropped about 200 degrees
2 weeks later headed to moab and water temps ran hot changed the thermostat hoping that would fix it but ran hot all the way home after replacing everything and still no luck. We pulled the intercooler and put the stock back in and the over heating went away found out the intercooler was not letting enough air flow to the radiator i returned the intercooler but mishimoto would only give me a store credit thats how i ended up with there radiator and trans cooler

Did the mishimoto use the stock shroud or did it come with a shroud? Surprised you had issues with it. Maybe air bubble in the system?

I run a spearco intercooler, never had a issue with the stock radiator. Now I have the cheap Ebay aluminum end tank welded radiator and it ran even cooler yet after installing. Maybe check those out..

I run a spearco intercooler, never had a issue with the stock radiator. Now I have the cheap Ebay aluminum end tank welded radiator and it ran even cooler yet after installing. Maybe check those out..

I have heard good things about spearco looking into one
What are your thoughts on redline water wet or purple ice ?

I have same eBay style radiator in my 12v, going on 5 years or so. Cools great and fit was 9 out of 10. I was honestly impressed for $300.

Finally found my intermittent coolant leak, cracked plastic end tank. See the ebay all aluminum ones mentioned here, any in particular to stay away from? Seems to be a few in the $200 range, $300 with electric fans if i was reading right.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I got the cheapest welded one on there. Only spot that looked bad was the welding inside the neck. Otherwise it fit perfectly. I only run a fan when it's time for a.c.. midwest Illinois weather

Ordered one on ebay, radiator club, $196. Hopefully it's good when it gets here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back