P-pumped 6.7 observations.

Yes it is and just so you know, my truck burns clean. All that black stuff coming out of the hose in the picture was the residual from the truck before me.

I knew that, but I thought cali was strict on any modification, whether it burns clean or not. I didn't know if you still passed.

I would be out hurting lots of feelings if I owned that truck. it doesnt get more sleeper than that

RonA, I would leave that 6.7L in the truck. Just build another 6.7L or 5.9L for the other truck. Having a 6.7L in a first gen just rocks buddy.:rockwoot:

What bottom-end mods have you done Ron? You running the 12mm studs/gridle or 14mm stuff? Billet rods and QSB pistons? You running the 6.7L cross tubes or 5.9L stuff.

I want one in my 02 truck down the road at some point, but these 5.9L run so darn good and 6.7L drop-ins are pricey engines to build-up.

Thanks to the 6.7 being able to run with the converter locked in overdrive at 65-70mph I got 20.2mpg on a little trip down south. Of course I had the electronics turned way backLOL.

Ron has eight track tunes he can turn up or down depending on the conditions.

None of which makes up for being a lousy driver.LOL

Girdle, rods, 12mm studs, stock 6.7 pistons w/shallow reliefs, and coated. MP Mike cross over tubes. I don't have a tach so I'd have to calculate the rpm.

Last edited:
no pyro or boost either, he's got charts taped to the headliner to cross reference based on throttle position, exhaust opacity and speedometer reading

I found a car project and will make an offer this week. If he takes it the 6.7 and tranny will come out and the leftovers sold.

11-second First Gen for sale, no motor or trans.....that ought to bring em out of the woodwork!! ;)

Still no luck finding a car. Seems to be alot of stuff on Racingjunk site in Texas. I may need to find someone in that area to look at some. In the mean time I think I have the oil leaks fixed enough so it at least can make a run at the track. I put a new valve cover up in the mill and put holes, c/bores, and undercuts for 3 breathers(not counting the one in the filler cap). that should take care of crankcase venting. Just need to relieve the enderside for the studs and get it powder coated. Second FASS will go on next week. I'll run my 200gph unit into the front inlet and the 240gph into the rear. Should be able to get by in normal driving with just one pump so when either one fails, the other will get me home. Hopefully another month or 2 and I will at least see how it launches and if it's going to blow up.

Back