P-pumped 6.7 observations.

I have to get this oil leak stopped and then i can go on a bit longer trips with it. I want to verify my TDC and mark the balancer then double check the timing. It feels lower than 22 deg, but it's hard to say with the differences. I've spent so much time figuring out how to pull fuel out that i hope I can remember how to add it.:doh: Sure starts easy. Sat for almost 2 weeks and started instantly(and by that i mean first gen kind of instantly).

Could be timing....mine started easy with no smoke, even in cold weather, until I found out it was at 9 deg. Then, at 27, it wouldn't even start without a new battery. I hope you see gains with it though! The 5.9L was impressive to be sure.

Ron, just in case you have forgotten, sliding the plate forward adds fuel. Glad to hear the right size head gasket is working out also.

This thing gets better every time i drive it. I can see why people like the 6.7. It's like when you have been pulling a trailer around for a while and then unhook it and go for a drive. Pulls away from a stop a bit easier and doesn't seem to notice slight grades at all. Egt's are a solid 100 degrees cooler all the time and smoke level is down. Alas it is going back into the shop to figure out the oil leaks. It seems to be leaking between the gear housing and block and between the PS unit and gear housing. I'm having to top it off every trip up the hill and spray purple cleaner underneath and rinse to keep the oil from running down the driveway.

Wow. It doesn't leak water and hardly leaks oil. At this rate I'll have it broken in by Christmas 2013.

Leaks on a fresh engine is a certain kind of madness all right. Detroit diesel kind of oil leak or a weep that never actually drips?

Detroits sweat new, old , fresh or beat haha sounds like your having fun Ron

Sweet, nothing wrong with that at all! That piston/nozzle combo must be working very well, that is not even close to a "alot" of white smoke. Not sure you could get much better with a mechanical and no pre shot.

Following behind it's not bad all things considered. I'll have my son take a video following behind me taking off from a stop sign and heading up hill. It hazes a bit, but I've seen 350hp 1st gens that were worse. It doesn't do the black cloud unless you just get ahead of yourself with the pedal.

And getting ahead of your self on the pedal is a 1/16 or 1/8 inch of pedal? Motor sounds good.

I've never been impressed with the high first gear with the 47RH since I had it changed over from the 6 speed. The difference in grunt off idle becomes more apparant each time i drive it. I really notice it taking off from a stop sign on a hill. It feels like it has more torque before the boost kicks in and it is coming up on the boost a bit earlier than before despite the head porting. Tried running locked in over drive up a slight grade at about 62mph(bad ju-ju before because it was lugging and the egt's would rise up to 800-850), now the egt's are only 650 and only back off to 625 if i unlock it. Fuel mileage seems really good to. At least as good as before, perhaps a bit better.

So was the wait worth it!?

Yes. I can't wait to get it broken in so i can remove it and the tranny and get started on the new vehicle. Every time I push on the pedal I wonder what it's going to feel like with 3000#'s less weight.

What does the truck weigh? I know the difference in driving my 9000 lb. 01 and the 5500 lb. 95 is night and day. The kind of horsepower and torque you have would probably run 8's in a 3000 lb. car if you could hook it.

Back