P-pumped First Gen Build Thread

Got the twins in, I'm very impressed with it. It does spool a little bit slower than I had anticipated but I think tuning it will help. The large housings on the turbos definitely don't help but it's not bad at all. Top end is AMAZING. It's a whole new animal. Also having the built tranny installed makes me realize how much the old one was slipping. It too made a big difference. Here's some pics of the rest of the build.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914465.754608.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914478.886615.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914490.875526.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914501.823081.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914514.287423.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914537.383872.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914547.639406.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914565.601517.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382914575.421010.jpg

Brought it out to Fred's Truck Drags in Sacramento and I ran a best of 12.985 at 109mph. That's with the stock rear suspension and a set of M/T 33x10.5W's. I think the truck has low to mid 12's in it like that. I was just getting used to it when the event ended.

Future plans are to take two leaf springs out from each pack in order to soften the suspension a bit so it will hook better. Also I will be adding traction bars and setting the pinion angle up all to try and be able to launch it harder.

Have they got other sets running that use the exhaust ports for stabilization like this one?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Congrats on 12s first time out! I talked to Cory, and it sounds like you need more fuel. What kind of boost are you seeing? I see 11s somewhere in your future, forget mid 12s.....:rockwoot:

Have they got other sets running that use the exhaust ports for stabilization like this one?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

I think I'm the first set of twins that they've built for a customer but Cory looked over different ways of doing a support for the big turbo and that's what he decided on. It seems like it will hold just fine to me.

Congrats on 12s first time out! I talked to Cory, and it sounds like you need more fuel. What kind of boost are you seeing? I see 11s somewhere in your future, forget mid 12s.....:rockwoot:

Well here's my options and I really need help on deciding what to do. Keep in mind it's a daily driver:
Option 1: Install a set of 5k governor springs, Weston 5x18 injectors, and bump timing to 26*
Option 2: Install a set of 5k governor springs and bump timing to 26* but leave the current injectors in place.

The truck only has a 60# boost gauge which it pegs so I need to fix that but Cory told me it was making 70-75 psi. Current timing is at 22*. What should I do? Thanks for the help.

Well here's my options and I really need help on deciding what to do. Keep in mind it's a daily driver:
Option 1: Install a set of 5k governor springs, Weston 5x18 injectors, and bump timing to 26*
Option 2: Install a set of 5k governor springs and bump timing to 26* but leave the current injectors in place.

The truck only has a 60# boost gauge which it pegs so I need to fix that but Cory told me it was making 70-75 psi. Current timing is at 22*. What should I do? Thanks for the help.

The only question is how much you can live with the idle haze. Bigger injectors and more timing will make more power, hands down. I put both my 95 (5x18 injectors) and my 89 (5x25) into neutral at lights because they haze too bad if I don't. If I lived in a small town, I wouldn't care, and once the trucks warm up, it's not bad. Truck will also sound TERRIBLE at low rpm, and rip up top.

A lot of the fuel curve depends on the delivery valves. Based upon what I've seen, 024's rock.

Bigger injectors and more timing I think would be worth 50-100hp......just depends on what you can live with. You can also always go back!

The only question is how much you can live with the idle haze. Bigger injectors and more timing will make more power, hands down. I put both my 95 (5x18 injectors) and my 89 (5x25) into neutral at lights because they haze too bad if I don't. If I lived in a small town, I wouldn't care, and once the trucks warm up, it's not bad. Truck will also sound TERRIBLE at low rpm, and rip up top.

A lot of the fuel curve depends on the delivery valves. Based upon what I've seen, 024's rock.

Bigger injectors and more timing I think would be worth 50-100hp......just depends on what you can live with. You can also always go back!

I have Weston's 7mm 100cc DV's. I could put my 181's back in though for driving on the street. It would net me a little mileage gain too. It's a hard decision.

What would be the fueling difference between 5x18's with a 181 DV and 5x16's (no edge filters) and a 100cc Weston DV? I need help on deciding what I should do. Thanks.

Back