P-pumped First Gen Build Thread

Whatever you chose just remember the fueling curve of your pump. Very narrow window. Always have air ahead of fuel to make good power expecially with a ve. As well when your choosing stall in a converter.

Last edited:
Whatever you chose just remember the fueling curve of your pump. Very narrow window. Always have air ahead of fuel to make good power expecially with a ve. As well when your choosing stall in a converter.

He moved up to big boy territory! P7100.

Yeah Brad I put a p7100 on it so that small window turned into a freaking bay window, maybe even more like a set of French doors lol. I have a cam, a heavily ported head, and a steed speed so will spool up be really slow? How about drive pressures?

Ron what do you mean by having too large of a secondary is a pain? Sorry for all my questions I'm just trying to learn. I'm only 17...

I think you would be better off with a 62 with that 475. It would be a great spooling set and still flow good

John

I guess I should read better. Sorry. A 66 is a bad choice thou. Expecially with a 475.

Last edited:
Ron what do you mean by having too large of a secondary is a pain? Sorry for all my questions I'm just trying to learn. I'm only 17...

With too large of a secondary will make it really laggy and smoky for a daily driver. I don't think you'll run into drive pressure issues, you've got a lot done to get exhaust out.

John

Well the deal on the 47RE fell through so I called Lavon back and talked with him. He's going to put a package together for what I need and let me know what price I'm looking at. I also called DTT and they were extremely nice and extremely helpful and they put a package together for me right then and there. The price seemed really reasonable so it's looking like I might go with them but I'm going to wait until I see what Lavon comes up with to decide.

Did you ever call Reb Brown and see what he could do for trans parts? It's always nice to deal with someone local other than over the phone across the states. Plus it'd be much cheaper shipping wise, since I'm getting the vibe that your trying to save as many pennies as possible...

Did you ever call Reb Brown and see what he could do for trans parts? It's always nice to deal with someone local other than over the phone across the states. Plus it'd be much cheaper shipping wise, since I'm getting the vibe that your trying to save as many pennies as possible...

Yeah I talked to Browns but they wouldn't sell me just parts, so I've been checking with others.

I think it'll be too smokey. And it might not support the power I want as easily.[/]

Before you go through all the effort of installing twins and tuning TWO turbos get an idea of how it will run with one. Its impossible to drive a hopped up 12m p pump, expect 700 hp, and not smoke under moderate acceleration

Before you go through all the effort of installing twins and tuning TWO turbos get an idea of how it will run with one. Its impossible to drive a hopped up 12m p pump, expect 700 hp, and not smoke under moderate acceleration

What are you thinking a 66/74/14 can do with my setup?

I had a 62/74/.91 over a 80/96/1.10 on my 12 valve and it spooled pretty good and with exhaust back pressure was below or just about 1 to 1. I do have that 62 sitting here you could try if you like it id deal with it to you. Going with a 467 over 491 on my current build.

I had a 62/74/.91 over a 80/96/1.10 on my 12 valve and it spooled pretty good and with exhaust back pressure was below or just about 1 to 1. I do have that 62 sitting here you could try if you like it id deal with it to you. Going with a 467 over 491 on my current build.

I sent you a PM bud.

It looks like Taylor has a extra 62/68/.91 he'll sell me for cheap. I'm thinking I will go for it.

Back