Painting my truck, with pics

Here's a pic of Dalen's 12V... more of just plain orange without the metallic.

IMG_2302.jpg

Lavon

That is a nice looking truck.

Tonight, I picked up my hood from the bodyshop & started blocking it out. The fiberglass has some wave to it, this is gonna take a while.

That's what I thought too and so did a lot of other people but he swore up and down it wasn't the last time I read.

Just a question, but don't most pulling organizations frown on the 'Glass hoods?

Oh and it is looking really good. :rockwoot:

Rick

The ones that do frown on them usually make you have a turbo shield though in case it scatters... Thats the reasoning behind the metal hoods I've been told. That hood looks sweet, is that a regular cowl hood or some kinda "twin ram" lol

The ones that do frown on them usually make you have a turbo shield though in case it scatters... Thats the reasoning behind the metal hoods I've been told. That hood looks sweet, is that a regular cowl hood or some kinda "twin ram" lol

Thanks. There is a pic of the hood in post#41.

Always wanted to do body work but I don't have the patience to pull if off. That looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Always wanted to do body work but I don't have the patience to pull if off. That looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks man. My patience is very thin also, but I'm dealing with it one panel at a time.:hehe: I'm gonna clean the garage & pull the truck in tomorrow. I am going to start straightening the roof, then the bedsides & body. Once all the hail dents are fixed, I'll be spraying the door jambs, then the body. Baby steps.

That hood design is sweet! Thanks for the pic Bob. That looks to be the same color that I'm doing.

The color on the flames is actually red to match the factory color. The reason it looks more orange in that one shot is because of the chrome paint underneath. It's got about 12 coats if I remember right. Chrome, black, red, candy's, plenty of clear etc etc.. The rams head seems 3D in sunlight.

btw nice color choice on your truck! Looks great. :rockwoot:

The color on the flames is actually red to match the factory color. The reason it looks more orange in that one shot is because of the chrome paint underneath. It's got about 12 coats if I remember right. Chrome, black, red, candy's, plenty of clear etc etc.. The rams head seems 3D in sunlight.

btw nice color choice on your truck! Looks great. :rockwoot:

Thanks. Is that your truck that Bob posted pics of?

Thanks. Is that your truck that Bob posted pics of?

Nope it's a friends truck (Paul). Got me the job I have now and left a couple years later and now works for Lenny at DDP.. Jesse at Pro-finish did the paintjob. Who also has a really nice 3rd gen with of course a custom paint. Airbag suspension, 37's, 24's twins etc etc.. Havin those two lined up next to each other makes me look like CRAP! I park down the street, lol

Nope it's a friends truck (Paul). Got me the job I have now and left a couple years later and now works for Lenny at DDP.. Jesse at Pro-finish did the paintjob. Who also has a really nice 3rd gen with of course a custom paint. Airbag suspension, 37's, 24's twins etc etc.. Havin those two lined up next to each other makes me look like CRAP! I park down the street, lol

:hehe: Yeah I know the feeling. My truck looks terrible with the faded paint & hail dents. I'm hoping to change that though.

Back