Painting my truck, with pics

Looks awesome. How hard is it to do the BC/CC? I've always just painted the old trucks with Dupont Acrylic Enamel. What rust killer do you use? I have some chasis saver in the cabinet for my frame that is supose to work like POR 15 and neutralize rust.

Looks awesome. How hard is it to do the BC/CC? I've always just painted the old trucks with Dupont Acrylic Enamel. What rust killer do you use? I have some chasis saver in the cabinet for my frame that is supose to work like POR 15 and neutralize rust.

BC/cc is easier to use than enamel. If you spray a panel in bc & see a bad spot, just sand it out with a scotchbrite pad & reshoot that spot. If you get a bad spot in the clear, just sand & buff, if that won't work, sand & reclear that panel. No worries of the color not matching because you are only reshooting clear. I am a member on www.autobodystore.com & those guys told me to use a rust killer called Picklex. This stuff not only kills rust, it leaves a thick coating which stays on the surface. I tried sanding a spot back off & it is hard. I really like this product.

Hey thanks for that link. I'm just starting on it. That is the other frame I got. I'm going to mock up the Cummins/47r/Np208 and get all my mounts built. Then shoot the frame, rebuild the trans, dana 60, Dana 80 and then start on body work. Doing it from the frame up so I know it is done right and solid. She has seen better days in these last 25 years thats for sure.

Andy

Hey thanks for that link. I'm just starting on it. That is the other frame I got. I'm going to mock up the Cummins/47r/Np208 and get all my mounts built. Then shoot the frame, rebuild the trans, dana 60, Dana 80 and then start on body work. Doing it from the frame up so I know it is done right and solid. She has seen better days in these last 25 years thats for sure.

Andy

No problem. The guys on that site know their stuff thats for sure. They sell about anything you want for body/paint supplies. The guy named Len is the Admin., he is a great help. There are guys on that site who have painted cars sold on Barret Jackson & others who have had their work in magazines. You will love the site, enjoy.

I have been looking for a site like that but was not able to find one. Plan to learn some new tips from there.

I have been looking for a site like that but was not able to find one. Plan to learn some new tips from there.

Word of advice, play stupid & they will respond like crazy. For some reason, they don't try to help guys unless they feel sorry for you.:hehe:

A local guy has the sport bumper, bumper cover, grille, & grille mount bracket for $500. Worth it? Anybody interested in a nice chrome package? I have very nice front & rear bumper, brand new chrome grille. The front bumper has new lower cover never installed & I need to sell it all to buy the sport stuff. Make me a offer.

Yes it very much WORTH it. I paid that much trying to piece mine together, and I know I had at least that much into it.

Before:
102_1067.JPG

After:
102_2461.jpg

I think the sunset orange metallic would look awesome with a sport bumper and grill....progress is looking real good.

Rick

Word of advice, play stupid & they will respond like crazy. For some reason, they don't try to help guys unless they feel sorry for you.:hehe:

So just act a little dazedandconfused?:hehe: Its not that hard for me to play stupid.

andy

So just act a little dazedandconfused?:hehe: Its not that hard for me to play stupid.

andy

:hehe: Me either. I'm not saying to act like a idiot, just don't act like you really know your stuff. For some reason, they won't reply to my friend....Its because he talks like he knows everything, they only help the "Dazedandconfused".:hehe:

I know about enough to get myself into trouble. When it comes to BC/CC I'm clueless. Have you gotten any further with yours?

I know about enough to get myself into trouble. When it comes to BC/CC I'm clueless. Have you gotten any further with yours?

Didn't work on it today. Its -7* this morning with a high of 9*. It would have taken all day to heat the garage where I'm comfortable. I had appointments today & a cable guy came to fix my Digital cable. I figured I'd just finish the sanding tomorrow, can't paint in this weather anyways.

Yeah I know the feeling. It was -9 this morning when I went to work. I need to work on mine but aint happening tonight.

Back