PCM dead??

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
Fors ome reason my truck wouldn't even click the starter yesterday. I hooked it up to my battery charger and let it charge foir a few hours. Then I went out to start it. It finally started up but smoked a lot like the grid heaters weren't working. Then I noticed that the tach was not working.

I turned it off and turned the switch to the on position and the water in fuel/wait to start/trans temp lights do not light up at all, no tach when running and no grid heaters. I checked the fuse (position #9 10 amp) and the big fuse under the hood and bother were good. Does this mean my PCM burned up for some reason??

How do I tell for sure it's the PCM?

Where's a cheap source for a 12V auto trans 4wd PCM?

Thanks for any help,
George

Did you try to get it to code out, and unfortunately there were no choices for inexpensive PCMs when mine died. Had to order it from dodge bout 550$$

Salvage yard. I sounds like the PCM went by by. If you have a service manual verify that the connectors and wiring look good. The wait to start and water in fuel are all controlled by the PCM.

check your fuseable links ! and see if you are getting power to the PCM.
i would buy a PCM last ! there are lots of things that can do it.
OH i am still fighting my problem and i already bought a PCM.

I checked the fuse under the dash and the fusible link under the hood, not sure where else to check to make sure this thing is getting power. As to pulling a code, I don't have a code reader and the on/off/on/off/on thingy doesn't work as I don't have a check engine light ever so I can't count the flashes.

Does anyone have a wiring schematic that shows which wire on the pCM is supposed to have power on it when the switch is on? I still havn't gotten around to finding a good manual. I'd gladly buy one local, but havn't found it and the dealership said they would be glad to work on it for $80 an hour:bang but they have no interest in helping me fix it myself.

Thanks for any advice,
George

Back