Pics of Drive Pressure Gauge install.

4x4dually

I went with instinct on this one and what memory I could recall on the pics I've seen of it. I tried to search for pictures and threads...failed as usual. The search function as much as poeple tease newbies about using it is useless.

Comments? The gauge is a tad jerky but I think I'll program out the decimal place and only display in increments of 1 and not .1 . It bounces around a lot at low RPMs which one would expect. It seems to keep the sensor pretty cool but it is cold outside so I won't know how well until next summer when it is 110.

Like?

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

And don't make fun of the plug in the webbing. I'm smarter now than I was in 2002 when I drilled in the center like a dweeb. :D

Very nice Jory. I can't wait to see the finished product !!! :)

I got all the gauges working last night except the boost (I was missing a 1/8 male NPT to 1/8 male NPT nipple...who the hell doesn't have one of those in their tool box) and I need to switch the thermocouple from the Edge over to the new display so it wil log it. It shouldn't be long and I'll post up the finished product. My truck looks like a ham radio person's truck...lots of temporary wires running around the doors and everywhere. LOL

i ran mine around the front of the valve cover and down the driver side of the valve cover. personaly i never liked the coiled copper. but to each his own! long as it works and isnt burning anything up :)

I might distill some moonshine if it don't work. :D I KNOW there would be some takers on this website.

I used less coils but same thing. How are you keeping yours from plugging up? Mines clogged and not reading right now :(

Is than a fuel isolater or something similar in the last pic?

sent from my phone

Last edited:
How are you keeping yours from plugging up? Mines clogged and not reading right now :(

sent from my phone

I just put in on last night. I only got 30 miles on it. Don't know yet. LOL

The last pic is the pressure transducer mounted on the AFE box with a loop clamp. Is that what you are talking about?

Here's the sensor.

FW Murphy - PXT Series

looks good to me! I need one of these things and who are you using for your gauges jory?

I used less coils but same thing. How are you keeping yours from plugging up? Mines clogged and not reading right now :(

sent from my phone

Go to your local autoparts and ask for a generic inline fuel filter with 1/4" ends and wahla cheap way to keep soot outta the gauge.

Go to your local autoparts and ask for a generic inline fuel filter with 1/4" ends and wahla cheap way to keep soot outta the gauge.

Lol its clogging up in the line I think. How much heat can one of those filters take? I want to get it as close to the manifold as possible.

Im thinking I should have went with bigger copper too :(

sent from my phone

1/4" copper tubing and you need at least 2' of tubing coiled like Jory did.

Sent from my BB 9650 while enjoying air ride and country music

gave my 96 more timing have not have a problem with soot idk went from 20 to 26 but now is a pain to start

looks good to me! I need one of these things and who are you using for your gauges jory?

FW Murphy across the board. I also went with 1/4" tube. I think the 1/8 would get clogged to easily and the 1/4 is the only size we had scrap junk of at work so the free size got installed. :D

Sneak peak at gauges? Ok.

Nightview. It has changed daily now all week long, and a few times hourly, but I think most of the tweakin' is done....other than adding a button to clear the DTC's and tell it which info to log. I may try to see if I can program a screen to show recorded maximums of everything too that I can clear. That way I don't have to dump the log into excel or something to sort ot the max values. Then I can view it or plot it out, what ever I want to do.

750NightView.jpg

I've got a CAD drawing of all the different things and how they interact but I'll be damned if I can't find it on this machine. Computers are stupid.

If that's oil pressure on the top left corner then I'd get rid of the red on the 100psi side. You'll peg that sucker instantly as soon as you crank it on a cold morning and it'll stay on that peg until the oil warms up. I'd actually increase the range to 200psi if I were you.

On the contrary, Tyler. However, that is the best gauge on there. No wonder I have oil all over my engine. I don't warm it up enough in the cold. Upon a cold start up, it will idle about 80-85. Even babyin' it out the drive way it will hit 92 or so. As it warms up, it slowly drops and eventually settles in around 60-65 when engine water hits about 190 and stays there. I've proven that the dash oil pressure gauge isn't worth even tossing in a campfire. Useless POS. The stock temp gauge won't pick up until 140F either. Now that I can read down to whatever I want, I can see exactly what temp the water is when I plug it in at night and now I can program my plug in timer in my shop to whatever time is required to get it to 100F or so before I start it in the mornings when it is 40 or less outside. It was 60 this morning and I had it come on at 4 and I left at 6. Water temp was 100. Oil pressure didn't get above 90. Lots of info now that I can see it all!

I got the EGT probe moved over from the Edge to the Murphy last night. It now works along with the boost and drive pressures. The only thing that won't work is the engine hours are stuck and won't move. I need to investigate that sometime, but really not important. And load % isn't worth much to me so I'm going to make that a throttle percent soon.

Another idea I have it trying to program another page that shows the max values for all data recieved, even things I don't display. I can record the data for pretty much any and/or all data coming from the ECM, I just need to figure out how to capture the maxes.

This leaves me with four positions on the attitude monitor which will display only things that Edge can show, %backdown, tranny temp, LP pressure, and whatever I decide on the other one. I can't completely obsolete the attitude since I need it to control the power levels....but is becoming more useless as I get more ideas. :D

That's interesting. When I ran my isspro oil pressure gauge when it was cold out (40*) it would instantly peg the gauge at a 100psi and stay there till the oil warmed up. Even on a 60* morning it would sit at 85ish and as soon as I hit the throttle it would peg out. I had the sensor in the spare port next to the turbo oil feed line.

I haven't hit 100 yet...but now that I can see it, I baby it 'til it warms. The dash gauge has 0, 40, and 100 on it. That is VERY useful....and the needle is so under-driven buy the electronics, it is like the fuel gauge....takes a minute to reach full after you have already hung up the pump. LOL If we designed chit like the automakers around here we'd all be out of a job. :D

Back