Pics of Drive Pressure Gauge install.

No you wouldn't. You'd be collecting 6 figure salaries with full benefits for your entire family while sitting around smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee LOL

So that is how they do it. No wonder you can service anything on these trucks without special tools or paying a dealer $500 for a $50 part. LOL

Kick butt....the "over-lay" works also. I can combine boost and drive pressure readout into one larger gauge instead of two smaller ones. Sweet. I love it when ideas actually WORK!

Boost.jpg

(simulated data....I don't have 18 drive when boost is at 30. :D

What program are you using to be able to see all of this data?

That's cool. Will that allow you to add another gauge to the display?

i would love to have that in my truck any price numbers on the set up sending units and everything

Very cool. Max values on live gauges would be a nice feature (or on a button so it's similar to a recall switch on a tach.)

I haven't hit 100 yet...but now that I can see it, I baby it 'til it warms. The dash gauge has 0, 40, and 100 on it. That is VERY useful....and the needle is so under-driven buy the electronics, it is like the fuel gauge....takes a minute to reach full after you have already hung up the pump. LOL If we designed chit like the automakers around here we'd all be out of a job. :D

If your cold oil relief valve is working properly you shouldn't hit 100. The cold oil relief valve cracks at 70 ± 5 psi. When the oil is cold you can exceed this number, but it takes rpms and VERY cold oil.

My oil psi sender is on the driver side of the block, above the ECM, so it will read lower pressures than in the oil filter head but the pressure is closer to what the block sees. I have never seen over 85 psi and that's at about 2K rpms on COLD oil, I also run a synthetic which will have lower pressure at a given cold temp than dino (no clue what you are running).

Warm idle should be in the 20-22 range and cruise 58-62 ish, again by the ECM. I have seen oil psi go from 58 to 37 on a long pull at 1250° from the oil temp increasing.

Is this cold oil relief valve you are talking about in the filter? The last few filters that i've cut apart had no relief/bypass in them.

Is this cold oil relief valve you are talking about in the filter? The last few filters that i've cut apart had no relief/bypass in them.

No, there are no bypass/relief/drain-back valves in our oil filters. There are 2 bypass valves in the block, the cold oil relief valve mentioned and a plugged oil bypass valve that opens at 50 psid across the filter.

i would love to have that in my truck any price numbers on the set up sending units and everything

I don't know about the senders...but the 750 retails for around $2K by itself if you wanted to just use it and your ECM you could read and log what ever info you currently have. You would have to buy an XM500 if you wanted to add a EGT probe. I have no idea what they cost, but can't be much since it is pretty simple inside. If you bought one, I would happily share my programming with ya. I only know this works on 2nd gen dodges, so if you want to use one on any other truck, be sure it will read whatever bus your ECM puts out.

Back