pictures of 12v intercooled piston compared to nonintercooled piston

According to mahle they were released a couple of months ago. Coated skirts and flycut straight from the factory. No outsource of any type.

According to mahle they were released a couple of months ago. Coated skirts and flycut straight from the factory. No outsource of any type.

it looks like part # 286050 on top, is thet what they are, then fly cut and coated? is there a part number i can give my vendor?

if you mill the blk and taper the piston...then flycut the reilefs how much of the flycut is going to offset the gain by the block deck being lower. if you need to take so big a flycut out will you not lost the gain of decking it?

can a thiner headgaskt or fire rings raise the comp also?

idk that much about the dzl piston..ive only been inside 440 and 383 chrysler stuff that deep. theyre domed or flattops.

im not going to taper the piston, but the compression is determined by the size of the bowl. so if you make it shorter/shallower by milling the top of the piston down you raise the comp. then you cut valve reliefs.. by cutting the tops of the pistons down your going to lower piston patrusion(the pistons will be down in the block). so to keep the tops of the pistons even with the top of the block you have to mill the block the same amount as the pistons..
i run a standard thickness gasket.. most go with a +.010 or +.020 to lower compression or make up for decking the block and surfacing the head to keep stock compression in a rebuild.

If anyone is interested.

Our PN# for the kit (flycut 286050) is 9300366xx (15, 35 or 55 depending on oversize). For the distributors, we have them set up as complete kits (pistons, pins, clips, and rings). If you needed just the pistons it's something we'd have to sell on a custom basis.

I was about to say milling the top of a piston will decrease compression, block untouched.

How much can you deck the block before the pushrod length is an issue?

Here is the general info Eric gave me on the piston Brad posted;

Flycuts 0.150" deep
Bowl volume w/pockets 59.2cc
Estimated CR 14.0:1

Weston , do you have this piston drawing?

I have Cummins 370 Marine orignal pistons and I need to cut the valve reliefs, it's better to do according original drawings

Back