Ponci's Diesel event September 8th and 9th

I drove out there this year after Redding, what a cool place Dragstrip on the beach. If you go out the end you go swimming!! I will try and make it no promises. Have to run this by the Boss(wife). Then down to H&S event.

I wouldn't suggest swimming in the mouth of Humboldt bay.With the 10ft waves and great white sharks it can be a bit dicey:D:beer:
Definitely gonna be a sweet event! There's drag racing below sea level and a Budweiser beer trailer.....not at the same time of course:p

Suprisingly, mine is back up and going so I plan on coming up to watch.

Wish I could make it but unfortunately have to work that weekend. Would love the help of some guru's to be able to get this motor dialed in with this custom 12mm VE low on power.

Bummer you can't make it. I think you would like the new 1st gen project.

Last time I went i stayed in Eureka for just over 1/2 the price in Fortuna.

We will be there for sure brad. At least the wife and myself and maybe to folks. This event is always a fantastic time with great people. Definetly a must go.

We have at least 15 comming Brad. I put some hypermax rods in rcs so maybe we'll make more than one pass with her.

This is the best event of the year. If you can make it you should go unless You cannot handle drinking in public without being a jackass.

If you can make it you should go unless You cannot handle drinking in public without being a jackass.

Well I guess that is the polite way of telling me that I am not invited. :(

Hey I might have been throwing up in the trash can in front of everybody, but at least I didnt piss myself. Don't worry I wont mention any names.

Stomp

Last edited:
Cant wait to see everyone! Looking like a good turnout so far. As we get closer i would like to get a rough head count so i can have plenty of food and drink on hand. Thanks....Brad

I just reserved the room at the Super 8 and will be driving a rental gasser, maybe we can run a rental Impala down the strip

:tree::tree::group:

I'm thinking of coming out. Where is a good place to bring the travel trailer?

Theres my shop yard and the river walk rv park down the road from the shop.

Getting close guys and gals. Ordered tri tip and kegs of beer along with other goodies. Can't wait to see all of you. It's like a reunion for me. See you soon!:)

Sounds like it should be an awesome gathering! Maybe and hopefully this time next year I'll be saying, "see you soon!"

Last edited:
We are heading out tomorrow, stop at BD and wait for Devon - really looking forward to this event

Does anybody coming have their NHRA competition license? I am hoping to finish my licensing passes, and I need two licensed drivers to sign my paper work. Brad has his, and I was wondering if anybody else coming has one and would be willing to check me off.

I have my license and MAY make it down. I was planning to run my gasser in our local track's big divisional/regional race this weekend (LODRS), but have another torque converter dying in it. Having 2 of my broken converters fixed today but woke up with a head cold. If I'm feeling better by the weekend I may just head for this event instead.

Back