Ponci's Diesel event September 8th and 9th

I look forward to this event all year, and yet again it exceeded my expectations. Awesome food, awesome people, met up with old friends, and made some new ones. Thanks to the whole Ponci crew, S&H Machining, and everybody who pitched in. Here are the dyno results as I remember them.
Fuel only
Joe Higuera 1021hp unknown tq
Devon Lock 1006hp/1382tq
Les Szmidt 623hp/1077tq
Drug Pusher
Stomp (tow rig) 508 hp/979tq water meth
Prem Roy 389 hp/825 tq water meth
No other entry.

Joe Rush took the trophy in Saturdays drag race event.

Here is a video of Devon's run. Nice job Buddy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDeVdrf6eB4"]Devons 1000 HP Dyno Run - YouTube[/ame]

Picked up a couple new prospects! If they drive anything like dad(Colin) I'm gonna be in good shape!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347299268732.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347299268732.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
Damn, wish I could have made it! I was still too damn sick on Friday to make the drive down, and ended up hosting a slumber party and birthday party for my daughter over the weekend instead!

Thanks to everybody that showed up and supported the event. I had a blast watching, hanging out, making everybody laugh and have a good time. Thanks to jefferson state crew for bringing the dyno over and the 5 gallon margaritaville. My daughter is putting together a slide show and i will post it when its done. Here is a few videos that devon lock made. Hope to see you all next year!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5rh-Pbh1Fc&list=UUrrAPuBtFoKjlDXe-TGb8Bg&index=1&feature=plcp"]Poncis diesel days - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6hG_NwvrGM&list=UUrrAPuBtFoKjlDXe-TGb8Bg&index=3&feature=plcp"]Poncis diesel days - YouTube[/ame]

Dang Brad, that thing looks like a handful! How'd everybody else run? I heard something like 10 trucks in the 10s!

There was about 4 or so trucks in the 10s. Air was good but the track was cold. Would of been nice to see the track a bit better but it is was it is. BTW where the **** were you? Should have brought the old rust bucket up. We needed more 1st gens.

Last edited:
There was about 4 or so trucks in the 10s. Air was good but the track was cold. Would of been nice to see the track a bit better but it is was it is. BTW where the **** were you? Should have brought the old rust bucket up. We needed more 1st gens.

You can never have enough 1st Gens!! I was inspired from afar, re-wiring my nitrous system so I don't need 3 arms to drive the thing. Weren't Victor and David there in the Green 2nd Gen? How'd they run?

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helps put this event together. I had a great time and wouldn't miss it for the world. Seeing all the fast trucks sure makes me want to put something together and play again.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helps put this event together. I had a great time and wouldn't miss it for the world. Seeing all the fast trucks sure makes me want to put something together and play again.

read your sig "Nitrous is like a hot girl with an std, you know you want to hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

speak for yourself:poke::Cheer:

with any luck we'll try next yr to come and support

Great event like always Brad. Congrats on your new best mph that is one crazy ride. Nice seeing old friends and getting to know new ones. First time trying out the twins. We have a few bugs to work out, one was one of the waist gates opening up at the line at 25 lbs and smoking out the lights. Over all we were still happy with twins but need to start playing with the nitrous and try to clear up the smoke. We ran from 10.5s to 10.2 at 133. Well worth the trip, once again great event.

I HAD A BLAST! Ponci? Gwen and I will be planning to show up next year! You took care of us on the track and off the track. I was stuffed with food from Saturday till Sunday. S&H Machining took care of our trailer. Now if I can get my wife Gwen to play in the bracket racing? Ponci's diesel Center Is the place to be. Thank you!!!

Had a awsesome time in Cali, cant find better people to be around!!
Look forward to next time!!

Truck ran real good 10.09-10.3 with some traction issues. I had to park it after 5th run because of driver error, which sucks because I was getting good reaction times.

Thanks to The ponci crew and everyone for the help on Sunday getting my truck ready to make a dyno run, it sure paid off!!!

Well Justin and I made it back into Canada yesterday - what an amazing event that Brad puts on.

Our truck ran slower then usual and dyno'd lower then we were hoping, but that was totally fine cause the great people and the hospitality were above all expectations.

We will definitely be adding this event to next years schedule.

Thanks to everyone who put this event together!!

Thanks Brad for putting on such a great local event. I look forward to next year and seeing everyone again.

Back