Post Counts

BC06PSD

Hairless Cat Aficionado
This is quoted from Timbeaux on another thread

"4. I don't think anyone is nervous. Newb is a silly word.... Post count don't mean chit on this board. It is about quality not quantity of posts."

My question why keep track then? I think most guys post great information on here, but some just post meaningless junk just to get their count up. Its not just here its on every forum I've been to. Why can't CompD be different and ditch the post count? Look at my current post count. I've been on here 2 years and theres folks that joined last week, literally, with a higher post count then me.

Who cares what the count is? Its not like people read a post then look at their post count and say oh he only had 200 post I better not believe him. Atleast I dont

Go to User CP under edit porfile second area down it will say Check box to reset post count and something else. Then hit save.

Go to User CP under edit porfile second area down it will say Check box to reset post count and something else. Then hit save.

Didnt work I will try again, that just changes your title it does not reset your number of posts...............
Brandon

Didnt work I will try again, that just changes your title it does not reset your number of posts...............
Brandon

HUH it says to reset post count on mine i know you can do it. maybe pm a admin.

Alright I read it wrong though you could reset post count also.

This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts. Check the 'Reset' box if you wish to use the default title for your usergroup and post count.
Your current user title is
Diesel Pro Reset
Custom User Title

I think a post counts gives a little community and family to forums. If someone posts alot they should know there way around a forum and if they dont know what the answer is they can point you to someone that does know the answer.

I guess I agree with Timbeaux and posts counts don't mean chit. Not to be rude or anything but I read alot and if your post count isn't up there, some people take you for a newbie and dismiss anything you have to say. I know counts mean a lot to some people and I feel like there's a lot of trash posted just to get that "one more" post. Just my opinion.

The Admin(me) is the only one who can reset Post Count.

Why Have post count??

It's just a Feature that is standard with the VB software.

High Post counts mean nothing here, You get you're creditability here by quality not quantity.

I guess I agree with Timbeaux and posts counts don't mean chit. Not to be rude or anything but I read alot and if your post count isn't up there, some people take you for a newbie and dismiss anything you have to say. I know counts mean a lot to some people and I feel like there's a lot of trash posted just to get that "one more" post. Just my opinion.

Thats what sets CompD appart from other Forums.. just an example Look a Jeff Garmons post count.

Is Speaksup an Admin? He said he can reset his.

Thank you for the response wideopen. I thoroughly enjoy compd, thank you for the great site.

Is Speaksup an Admin? He said he can reset his.

Thank you for the response wideopen. I thoroughly enjoy compd, thank you for the great site.

Im no Adin :hehe: They be hating on me. :hehe: I thought you can reset it but i was wrong I read it wrong I posted up ^ what it says.

Im no Adin :hehe: They be hating on me. :hehe: I thought you can reset it but i was wrong I read it wrong I posted up ^ what it says.

Trust me junior, if we were hating on you, you wouldn't be around here anymore..

Back