Pro Street 1/2 Ton Suspension Conversion

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
So I took the 8 lug set up ( Spindles, rotors ect.) And swapped them out for utilizing the lighter weight 1/2 ton gasser spindles, rotors and 3" drop lower control arms and 1/2 ton gasser springs, and the 5 lug pattern.You will need to get a 1/2 upper balljoint also...

IMG_0308.jpg

Now the 1/2 ton rotors come with a 5 on 5-1/2" bolt pattern rotors which leaves little to be desired in mounting skinny race wheels.

What I did was to have a new bolt pattern drilled into the rotors, which would allow me to open up any catolog and order some race wheels.

5 on 4 3/4" bolt pattern :
IMG_0520.jpg

Let's make sure we pass NHRA Tech with 3" studs. I used the finest fastener money can buy with the ARP Fasteners :
IMG_0522-1.jpg

No, I didn't pound them in with a mini bfh...:hehe:
IMG_0524.jpg

Maybe sorta :
IMG_0523-1.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

New Billet Specialties 3.5" wide wheels with Mickey Thompson tires mounted :
IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Taylor. Gonna see about adding some Wilwood calipers, then onto the rear 4 link.:evil:evil

Jeff you need a website to keep us updated with your projects! Havnt seen this one in a while!

Jeff you need a website to keep us updated with your projects! Havnt seen this one in a while!
Now don't be confused here with my multiple projects- I bought a 1/2 ton gasser body a while back and started on it. Then I picked up this running 2wd 12V and moved over to giving it the P/S treatment- now the 1/2 gasser body is sitting....

This one will be backhalved- 4 linked full cage and all the safety equipment- power-fuel-air shutoff's ect. I have been removing alot of unnessesary weight from it also.:evil

when's the one in your avatar hitting the track? Did the srt10 get completed?

well the pro mod has to be getting close. The pics of it on vanishing point's site are from 06 right?

Its starting to look good!
Thanks! When it was driven to my shop (the farm) I took it out on the back lane and proceeded to do a one wheel peel :banned::hehe::hehe: I then drove her back and started laying the ground work for Pro Streeting it.:evil

Ill get you some Krimpets next time i see you :woohoo:

Where is Snedge?? Im suprised he hasnt crashed this thread yet LOL

Whats going on with that Pete in the background? :poke:

ANOTHER project

LOL

That's thinking outside of the box Jeff. Mind if I steal the idea?

Ill get you some Krimpets next time i see you :woohoo:

Where is Snedge?? Im suprised he hasnt crashed this thread yet LOL

Krimpets ? Try them with milk.

Truck looks allot different than the last time I saw it. But.... it is still sitting in the same spot. :hehe:
As far as "projects" go....... RD is the undisputed King.

Back