Pro Street Diesel at NOPI Sept 19-21

Saw the pictures on bookface looks like the new motor that was in Phil's truck decided to ventilate.

Have you seen the truck? Essentially a 2wd truck with added front wheel drive..
Back halved and narrowed rear...

Right...a 2wd truck with a transfer case and a front driveshaft..ohh and a front axle etc... yeah I understand heavily cut up and so on.

Yes i've seen it in person dozen times or so

I don't have details. I can say Seth and Phils 1st runs were impressive and hell !!! They both were well under the 9.9 qualifying. The crowd was thoroughly impress as was I. I've seen many runs down the track but, those guys were moving !

This is the only video I have. I'm pretty sure it's Ashley Black that blew the turbo. Had every track offical and ambulance headed towards the big end

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=688808154536706

It was a shame only the few trucks showed. If someone would have set it up to be a 12.0 or 11.9 race a pile of trucks would have been there and the few pro streets could have ran too. The difference imo is, 12.0 trucks are looking to have fun and sure win too but, the pro street were looking more for the 5K pay out. There's only so many trucks that run those times. very impressive.... yes. IMO 12.0 trucks would have been just as impressive to that crowd.

Last edited:
I don't have details. I can say Seth and Phils 1st runs were impressive and hell !!! They both were well under the 9.9 qualifying. The crowd was thoroughly impress as was I. I've seen many runs down the track but, those guys were moving !

This is the only video I have. I'm pretty sure it's Ashley Black that blew the turbo. Had every track offical and ambulance headed towards the big end

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=688808154536706

It was a shame only the few trucks showed. If someone would have set it up to be a 12.0 or 11.9 race a pile of trucks would have been there and the few pro streets could have ran too. The difference imo is, 12.0 trucks are looking to have fun and sure win too but, the pro street were looking more for the 5K pay out. There's only so many trucks that run those times. very impressive.... yes. IMO 12.0 trucks would have been just as impressive to that crowd.

We tried to get "slower trucks" in the event and it was shot down. Crowd would have loved a 11:90 index and or a 10:50. They would have also got to see 10X the passes. Owe well maybe next time.......

Phil's block
b7a744734567c9471723b03e691bb1b6.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411357545421.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411357545421.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 0
Looks Like Seth is getting his launch down. That truck is going to be insane when he puts it all together.

well guys, I suppose there wasn't much to show as far as the diesel side of things. I thought I'd show some of the cars and things I found interesting to me...... Just click the link seems the slide show isn't working in the window

[ame="http://s237.photobucket.com/user/tritont/slideshow/NOPI%202014"]NOPI 2014 Slideshow by tritont | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Seth went a 5.56 in the 1/8th mile in the finals. He is getting the clutch figured out for sure. And when he does, everybody can say bye bye to first place. Lol Aint nobody gonna be outrunning that.

Stuckey broke a shaft, micah lost 3rd, we broke converter and seth lost OD. So not a good day for trannies. We lost a turbo saturday night. First pass on a new one and the turbine exploded. Turbo guys think it was a casting flaw. Put another one on and it did fine.

Even if I would have been open to go. I wouldn't have had the truck ready. Hurt the trans last weekend. End of the year and trannys are throwing in the towel.

Even if I would have been open to go. I wouldn't have had the truck ready. Hurt the trans last weekend. End of the year and trannys are throwing in the towel.
And there is that other issue of running 9's to qualify as well. LOL

I found this on YouTube. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv0aj3janXI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv0aj3janXI[/ame]

Talked to Phillip today, he said it broke the input around the 1/8th.

I don't recall anybody in the diesel class oiling down the track. Scooter dropped some oil out of the timing cover if I remember right before he went around the water box and then some water when the block decided to get divorced from a piece of it. Way more oil downs from the import guys and other cars. Granted there were quite a few more of them.

I thought the crowd really enjoyed what they saw from the trucks. They went nuts when Micah and Scooter Blocksplitter lined up on Saturday night. I talked to Tommy Franklin both nights and he thought they were awesome and was pretty impressed. That meant a lot to me at least. He runs 3's in the 1/8th.

Congrats to Seth on the win. If he would leave a little better!!! #beepbeep

Scooter gets the award for thrash of the week if you ask me. Motor wasn't even in the truck on Monday. Phil, and I "supervised" while him and "Uh" finished up the trans, dropped the pan, filled the trans and dropped the trans again on Friday night.

Back