Project #braaapptruck

What size tires are you running if you don't mind me asking?
I can't remember the exact size. They are the factory 18s and tires off my 15'. They measure about 33.5x10.5 or so...they are just temporary.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't remember the exact size. They are the factory 18s and tires off my 15'. They measure about 33.5x10.5 or so...they are just temporary.

Got ya, that's the same look I'm going for on my 97. Just wanted to see how big of a tire you stuffed in there and could still turn.

Got ya, that's the same look I'm going for on my 97. Just wanted to see how big of a tire you stuffed in there and could still turn.
I'll check for ya tomorrow. They are defiantly tucked...and the front inner fenders were already trimmed pretty heavily...but it turns

Was the rear lowered 3" as well or a touch more?

4" + overload removed...it seems to sit about right. I cut 1 coil in the front.

Was cutting one coil all that was done to the front?

Are you concerned with cutting the coil adversely affecting weight transfer?

Was cutting one coil all that was done to the front?

Are you concerned with cutting the coil adversely affecting weight transfer?
Not at all...all cutting one coil would do is lower the truck. The spring rate isn't affected. If it doesn't handle well I'll install lowering coils.

Not at all...all cutting one coil would do is lower the truck. The spring rate isn't affected. If it doesn't handle well I'll install lowering coils.

I'd have to politely disagree on the spring rate. However that's not what the threads for so its neither here nor there.
What's your plan for wheels and round rubber rings?

I'd have to politely disagree on the spring rate. However that's not what the threads for so its neither here nor there.
What's your plan for wheels and round rubber rings?
I have cut coils in my race truck which was once street driven and it handled better than it did with a leveling kit. I want 20x9 novakanes wrapped in 305/50 proxxes st1s

I'll be watching, curious to see what that pump can do with that combo you've picked
I believe fuel pressure will end up being the issue. But I'll most likely address that before installing the 215 to get some back to back results. Dvs will be the same. The only other difference is the 215 has 5ks and the 160 4ks

No real updates but some aesthetics....and driving and working out kinks before I start adding more powaaaz
42137638f355cb7bb311158db2b01583.jpg

I have cut coils in my race truck which was once street driven and it handled better than it did with a leveling kit. I want 20x9 novakanes wrapped in 305/50 proxxes st1s

probably due to the increased spring rate from reducing the number of coils.

cool project!

i cut one full coil off of my short bed truck 10 or so years ago, it worked out real nice for a street truck. i plan on doing it to my new one also.

Back