Pro's and cons of building a 6.4

I just don't see anything under 1000 being a problem if assembled correct and the right parts used.

I'm referring to longer rods and custom pistons with a 6.7 crank.

Ok SO the 6.7 crank has a longer stroke than the 5.9.
Both motors use the same length rods.
Using a 5.9 crank in a 6.7 needs longer rods That's where Carrillo comes in.
I Need help with your statement!
Can you clarify?
Also I've heard of people putting a 6.7 crank in a 5.9 motor anybody able to tell me why this is a good idea?

Can you clarify?
Also I've heard of people putting a 6.7 crank in a 5.9 motor anybody able to tell me why this is a good idea?

With the longer rods on a 6.7 crank the custom pistons are shorter from crown to pin center line...

Can you clarify?

He's referring to using a longer rod to get a more favourable stroke:rod ratio. You'd need pistons with a shorter compression height to accomplish this, or go with a deck plate.

6.7 crank in a 5.9 is an easy way to stroke the motor. More displacement, and easier to increase compression with OEM pistons. Doesn't make a huge change in displacement, only about .2 litres.

Few more tidbits of info:
07 to 12 6.7 are the same and can be used for the 6.4 build.
2013 and up is a whole new engine and not usable. BUT the pistons can be used and they are coated and way more durable. But nothing else can be used. Researching rod compatibility.

Few more tidbits of info:
07 to 12 6.7 are the same and can be used for the 6.4 build.
2013 and up is a whole new engine and not usable. BUT the pistons can be used and they are coated and way more durable. But nothing else can be used. Researching rod compatibility.

what changes were made in 2013 to make the entire short block unusable?

X2
You said completely different. Any idea on what's different? Did the head change? What changed on the block? What's different about the crank and rods?

I thought the 2013 engine was a small update with just coated pistons, and a stiffer girdle? Everything else was external. I could definitely be wrong on that though.

Cummins went to a new design to meet all engine class requirements to cover mid sized trucks. I don't remember the class designation but the engines are different. The stiffer girdle required a new block design! So start hoarding blocks in 20 years they will be worth their weight in gold! LOL

Cummins went to a new design to meet all engine class requirements to cover mid sized trucks. I don't remember the class designation but the engines are different. The stiffer girdle required a new block design! So start hoarding blocks in 20 years they will be worth their weight in gold! LOL

jumping to craigslist now :)

documentation??

Back