Pro's and cons of building a 6.4

DODGE 2500 PICKUP
Tag Number: 0077104805
This one is on ebay says 2013 but looks like a 2012

Last edited:
What is the question on changes? I don't think anything changed that is to extreme. I know when I see them daily I haven't found anything

What is the question on changes? I don't think anything changed that is to extreme. I know when I see them daily I haven't found anything

From what I've heard the new stiffer girdle required the block to be revised as far as other parts like head, crank and internals it's going to be up to someone that can tear one down and do a side by side comparison!

What are the 6.7 fuel systems using for pressure relief? I haven't found a PRV?
Should I reuse the insulating pad on the drivers side of the block or leave it off? Someone stated it was for electronics protection can anybody elaborate on this?

Dangerous06 the pressure relief is in the very front of the rail. For just a towing set up I can't see why you wouldn't keep the extra displacement.

From what I've heard the new stiffer girdle required the block to be revised as far as other parts like head, crank and internals it's going to be up to someone that can tear one down and do a side by side comparison!

There are always revisions but all 6.7s should be usable minus the rear gear train

Talking about the rear main gear train: The 6.7 Manual transmission to engine mount is the same as the 5.9 auto.

The dodge is still front gear train. Marine if front. Everything else is rear. Want to see if I can convert a rear gear train over sometime.

The dodge is still front gear train. Marine if front. Everything else is rear. Want to see if I can convert a rear gear train over sometime.

I do know the centering shoulder for the flex plate on the back of the crank in the newer trucks is slightly larger diameter.

I'll attach a picture soon but all I see is the Pressure sensor there!?

here's a pic:
20150719_115136.jpg

20150719_115140.jpg

Is the bolt a PRV? Looks like it inside!?

Are all 6.7 oil pans double walled or just 4th gens? I'd be interested in one for my built engine. I want that thing to whisper. haha

Anybody know if the 6.7 fan is better than the 5.9? It has that reinforced ring around the outer edge. Does that keep the fins in alignment under high RPM's?

Back