Prostreet guys- can I weight up the s10 and run with you?

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Those of you who run prostreet or promote events with a prostreet class- if I weight up the s10 to 4500lb, may I run in the prostreet class? I don't want to build something again and not have a place to run it. OTOH, if you think a mini-truck is cheating, step up and let me know now.

dont do an event anymore but only rule we had was no full tube and weight 4500. Roll on...

I thought the weight limit was 4900 not 4500 but I could be wrong I don't pay much attention to it, my truck will never see it. As far as I am concerned as long as you make the min weight go for it.

Brandon...get that thing on the track again...hmm...bring it up my way this weekend even...race against Jeff and the Dragster...LOL

Just kiddin'...

I had to add 280 lbs across te back near the tail gate to get the weight up to 4500 lbs. Makes for great traction.

Malcolm

Heck yeah. If thinking NHRDA Pro Street, then check out the rules. My pro stock camino qualifies for Pro Street if I add enough weight.

Brandon - I'm sure you are aware of NHRA's ballast rules (just a reminder to anyone else reading) - for most classes only 100 lbs of ballast may be "removable", with a maximum total ballast of 500 lbs unless quicker than 8.50 (where it is 250 total), and to be considered "permanent" it must be secured with bolts with nuts welded to them. Also need two 1/2" bolts per 100 lbs of ballast.

That said, just bring a die grinder and remove it at some events to race with Pro Stock ;)

One more thing - to get around that 500 lb max rule, some people have done things like lead filled bumpers or crossmembers.

Make sure you still have a small portion of stock frame. Back half and front half would be allowed.

Back