Pump timing issues

Yeah I got the whole timing procedure down and figured out. just kind of meticulous with how careful u have to be with the procedure and not bumping time. my factory timing is 16* which seems a little high. bumped it would to 18* and didn't notice much difference. might go to 20-21* next and try that. also thought of doing a adjustable gear for the pump. I think it would make this procedure much less stressful and time consuming.

I think putting an adjustable gear on a hotter daily driver makes more sense than just an occasional driver, especially in colder climates. I intend to get another one for my 12v, kind of kicking myself for putting it on the truck that I never drive and have only changed the timing on twice since I put the gear on.

I drive my truck everyday and would like to adjust and tinker with timing more but doing the procedure you have too to time it is ridiculous. if you talk too loud the timing gets bumped haha. its just a very sensitive procedure and would be easier to do with an adjustable gear. my front main seal is leaking and I think when I fix that, ill put a billet cover and an adjustable gear in.

I tinker with my timing a lot too. Got to the point that I could do it in less than 30 minutes easy. But, the adjustable gear is sweet. I turn it up for the track, then back down for the street, takes like 10 minutes now. Plus, you don't have to worry about it slipping.

Some of the billet covers have clearance issues, so I modded the stock cover for access. Works well, and I still have the oil filler in the stock location.

Very cool. the slipping issue is what I have a problem. its slipped a couple times on me which is no big deal but I hate having that thought in the back of my head and crossing my fingers after timing the truck. the thought of having an adjustable gear that's keyed would make me sleep better at night. there not cheap but I think there definitely worth it

Back