Pumps here (COMP, not your thread!)

JasonCzerak

attachment.php

Biggest new toy for the truck since the "injector, turbo, intercoole" swap.

Crap, time to replace that turbo again tho, and clutch. These are real soon. freaking slippery slope.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 860
Sweet pump, I will be ordering one very soon. Let us know how it works. Joe

NICE!!!

I'm Jealous.

Go put that thing on and report back.

In due time, in due time. I'm not one of them retards that buys an expensive part and drives around with it in the back seat for a week :)

In t - 3hours and 30 minutes I'm high tailing to home to let the dog out and change and then up to Forest lake to a friend that has organized tools. :)

anyone off chance know of a good gear pull "size". Shane suggest a steering wheel puller, I don't have one of them. I suppose I'll just pick up a small one on the way.

And I'm told 77 Ft lb for the gear. Is the pump going to spin on me as I torque that down? if so, how do I prevent that with out pulling the gear case cover and stopping it from the other side?

you can rent/borrow a puller from autozone/oreily's i believe...

And I'm told 77 Ft lb for the gear. Is the pump going to spin on me as I torque that down? if so, how do I prevent that with out pulling the gear case cover and stopping it from the other side?

If it's a manual, put it in gear and set the parking brake.
... yeah, 77 ft lbs sounds right.

ok, I'm missing something here..... am I supposed to pull the gear case cover? or am I mistaken here?

take the access cover off then pull the gear with the inj pump bolted to the timing cover then unbolt the cp3and pull out the unit. torqueing the nut on is not difficult the timing gears will allow you to torque it down, go finger tight then torque it with a torque wrench to 77ft/lbs. then let us know how it runs!

There is a plug in the front of the gear case cover, a 3/8 ratchet and 3" long extension will remove it. It has a square slot that the the extension fits into, just like a socket. This will give you access to the nut on the gear, the gear goes nowhere, just sits inside the cover. When you put the pump back through the cover, take your fingers and push the gear up onto the shaft, then install the washer and nut. Use a magnet to to put onto the end of the shaft, then slide the nut and washer over the magnet, so you don't drop them in the gear case. You can do this on removal and replacement of the nut and washer. You shouldn't need to remove the drive belt. It does make it easier though.

When you go to reinstall the access plug, line up the start of threads on the plug to 12 o'clock, you can also turn it backward while trying to insert it. You will feel it straighten up, then turn it in with your fingers. All you need to do is snug it I mean like it is made of plastic, because it is. They will break!

Any troubles call me and I will help you.
Thanks, Shane

It's not a 12 valve, you pull the pump with gear out as a unit.

What are you talking about???

I've pulled CP3's about 10x. Leave the puller attached to the gear. The gear stays inside the case. Unbolt the pump and pull it out. If you need pics, I can post them.

12V? wtf?

Back