Pumps here (COMP, not your thread!)

Rice, beans or cheese?

Oh, I'll bet you want some parts. We'll see what we can do over the winter Evan.

Well, truck is faster. nothing HUGE. but smooooother too.

I move the rail pressure setting up to moderate. wild was still a bit to much over all timing under low boost/rpm. And the motor is over all quieter too.

smarty: TNT/R , #9, Rail: moderate torque management: mild, timing: 2 (aftermarket injector), wastegete off. no need for shift defuel for me.

I can officially classify my truck as a locomotive train now. Not the little ones, the 20 wheel dual boiler types... If you could put a spoon after the tail pipe, you could fill it.

Spool up is quicker naturally.

Rail pressure climbs to 24.5 and sits there, while in 6th from a 70 roll and stays there till a little over 100. I dunno what comp is talking about, but the smarty doesn't jump around. my old CP3 did, like 3 or 4 k. But not wickeds cp3.. Comp might need to get his CP3 upgrades with more fuel :) Comp, I have a recommendation on whom should fix your pump.

Shane, Would the 90 hp sticks, once I upgrade this turbo, be too small? I had the boost set to 40 and I couldn't "blow past" that that with all this added fuel. Infact it's a rather dark haze, but is clears up rahter well. clears up a bit more at 45psi. I move the gate up to 45. i think this is going to be a happy medium.

Tho, if the TST box worked with this smarty software, just adding more duration would solve that problem. I'm considering plugging things back in tonight to see what happens.

I will definitively choose between the DR box or MP8. The smarty leaves the pressure a little low to stay with in stock parameters.

One last cool part. On start up, nice poof of smoke. :)

You could go up to the 5 x 0.0105 nozzles, your mileage will drop and with a big single it will be very smokey. I would try the TST see what it offers. 2 and 2 settings should work well. See if you have more power on #7 with the Smarty, I like that setting better.

How quick does the rail pressure come up?

You could go up to the 5 x 0.0105 nozzles, your mileage will drop and with a big single it will be very smokey. I would try the TST see what it offers. 2 and 2 settings should work well. See if you have more power on #7 with the Smarty, I like that setting better.

How quick does the rail pressure come up?

that's a very hard question. it depends. 70mph, then smash the peddle to the floor? Well if you do that it rattles a little, creates a mega crap load of smoke, and as the rail recovers she spools and off to the races. few seconds.

if you keep is 1/2 or less, there is no delay, rail reacts instantly. if you give it 3/4, htere's a small dip, and that's 1 second delay or so.

Ill give #7 a try on the way home and around town

however the TST has historical incompatibility issues with the smarty TNT stuff. I'll try it as well.

Dragonslayer cp3

Shane, is this the latest and greatest that you will use in the cp3/UFC event? What level is this pump or what level is it comparable to to give us all an idea or better yet do you have any numbers available on it?

Sure is a sweet looking pump.

We are working on a bigger CP3 now, well all the time actually. This CP3 is 24% bigger in displacement than a standard unit. Unsure of the current flow rating. A very similar pump flows north of 270. We have a test stand in the shop that I made, I don't release the flow data, due to conjecture from others.

I have not reached the limitations of this CP3 configuration as of yet. I can overfuel my twins very quickly with programming, and big injectors. Rail pressure is not the issue, egt's are for me.

Their are at least 12 different machining steps in these pumps. Based upon levels of progression this is #3, actually number 8 in individual gains that were implemented into it.

Hopfully our newest will be ready soon, it is almost 40% bigger. Time will tell!

We are working on a bigger CP3 now, well all the time actually. This CP3 is 24% bigger in displacement than a standard unit. Unsure of the current flow rating. A very similar pump flows north of 270. We have a test stand in the shop that I made, I don't release the flow data, due to conjecture from others.

I have not reached the limitations of this CP3 configuration as of yet. I can overfuel my twins very quickly with programming, and big injectors. Rail pressure is not the issue, egt's are for me.

Their are at least 12 different machining steps in these pumps. Based upon levels of progression this is #3, actually number 8 in individual gains that were implemented into it.

Hopfully our newest will be ready soon, it is almost 40% bigger. Time will tell!

So you are saying I bought this one to early? :) LOL

results are ok considering

Gained 34hp with bolting this pump on. Just dropped the rail pressure down to mild for the run (see 612hp thread).

To bad I realized to late that I should of gotten an mp-8. I'm going to trade my core + a few dollars for an mp8 this week. Rail went to and sat at 24.5, as expected. So, 4.5K is in line with about 10hp per 1000psi.

The butt dyno feels a bit stronger then 34hp. Maybe a lower setting like 7 or 5 might help out with the dyno? who knows. It's time to get my own session as apposed to guessing the best combo and try my luck a the slot-machine-dyno-run.

Shane,

Is your new pump still going to be call Dragonslayer....Is that the pump Im getting?

PS....I used a steering wheel puller kit to remove my pump. Borrowed it from Autozone

Haven't even completed one yet. They will be Dmax CP3's to begin with, after we get a few under our belt, we will implement the changes into the Cummins CP3.

You're gonna love that MP8.
Set the Smarty RP on stock or mild....

I leave the MP8 on 0% then as I mat the pedal I roll it to 100%....no rattles or fuel knocks....the twins just light *right now* and it's on.

There are a few people that were on I-10 leaving the DHRA race last night that can attest to that.

dang i fall a sleep and find out i am going to have to trade in the stock cp3

ahhh ok. so, removing the cover is only needed if I become a butter finger. :)

ok, thanks for the info

Well if you become a Butter Finger most likely you will be pulling the oil pan. :badidea: Good luck...:Cheer: No pressure.

Lynn

Back