pure oxygen

bling

pure oxygen we all use nitrous for it higher oxygen content so why not just inject hospital grade oxygen

even just a nozzle at the filter or just infront of the turbo would make a world of difference

i mean we all did the expieriments in high school a normal match stick would light up like a fire cracker in an oxygen rich enviroment

lol, don't egg him on!!! pure oxygen will turn your engine into a solid lump of metal. the seperation of the nitrogen atoms from the N2O molecule produces a huge drop in temperature.

pure oxygen would create a sweet blow torch in your cylinders

and you will turn your intake manifold into a bomb.

The nitrogen stabilizes the mixture until the combustion process takes place, at that time the nitrogen absorbes heat and expands leaving the oxygen to further burn fuel.

Try using straight oxygen and you will end up with a volatile mixture just waiting to detonate, ESPECIALLY in a diesel engine.

Remember too, atmosphere is only 23.6% oxygen, but 76% nitrogen, make the intake charge 50% oxygen and your going to melt pistons, run over your crank, or possibly destroy your manifold, charge pipes and or turbo.

If you try it, make a video, I would love to see it.

and you will turn your intake manifold into a bomb.

The nitrogen stabilizes the mixture until the combustion process takes place, at that time the nitrogen absorbes heat and expands leaving the oxygen to further burn fuel.

Try using straight oxygen and you will end up with a volatile mixture just waiting to detonate, ESPECIALLY in a diesel engine.

Remember too, atmosphere is only 23.6% oxygen, but 76% nitrogen, make the intake charge 50% oxygen and your going to melt pistons, run over your crank, or possibly destroy your manifold, charge pipes and or turbo.

If you try it, make a video, I would love to see it.

:umno:

first of the atmosphere is 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen .9% argon .04% carbon dioxide and some other small traces of gases.

oxygen is a a burn enhancer, it doesnt burn, and considering theres no fuel in the intake manifold of a cummins, its certainly not going to explode it.

pure oxygen will melt the motor down though, as stated above.

try it on an old car first, and tell us what happens.

then apply what happens to the old car to your cummins.

Within certain limits it would be fine and work as expected.

Some of yous need to get yer heads screwed on concerning how diesel combustion happens.

Don't let a bunch of pansies tell you what to do. Mount the bottle in the cab so you can control the valve, put your foot to the floor and start opening the bottle.

yeah, regulate it to probly the lowest you can.... i wouldnt risk blowing the thing up! just use nitrous, still screws your motor but its already proven to work in alot of applications.....

like shooting it straight into the turbo, :hehe:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/a...541490-gj-dyno-roll-call-asf-dyno-day-013.jpg

LOL

Got one a lil better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaA9-fQW6FE&feature=related
Owner of the shop did not have part in the nitrous injection process.

isnt a thermal lance a torch that use's pure ox an iron.. that can burn thur anything.. Thermal lances burn at 7000-8000°F

okay wow first i must say thanks for the back lash lol

but i meant shot in smaller doses almost like propane or hydrogen injection

a supplement to help burn existing fuel

Ha ha, that is what your turbo is for, adding more air = more oxygen.

O2 is pretty dangerous as a bit of grease on the fittings can make it explode.
I seen an ambulance's o2 tank blow up, blew the whole side of the ambulance off. Trust me it is a risky proposition. The problem with oxiders and o2 is maintaining control, once lost your done for at least your truck will be. You would have seen it by now if it was safe.

And those would be...? I could see it work in extremely small doses. I think you'd still be further ahead sticking with :nos: though.

Has everyone forgotten math and chemistry completely?

Jeez, moles per second of oxygen is what it's about, doesn't matter much how ya get there.

Yes, you could look at NOS as "buffered" oxygen addition and as such gives you some lattitude to mess up....AND you snuff if you go too far. With pure O2, yes you would have to be pretty darn smart about how you do it or you will overheat things and/or catch oily residues (if present) on fire.

There were people who thought the atomic bomb ignition would cause the destruction of the universe....didn't turn out that way, did it?

There were people who thought the atomic bomb ignition would cause the destruction of the universe....didn't turn out that way, did it?

Those folks are still around. Now they're worried about the Large Hadron Collider doing the same thing.....;)

I agree that moles are moles, I always thought the main reason that racers use NO2 instead of O2 was mostly about cost....

Good ta hear from ya Tom...long time no see!

A big advantage of NOS is that it can be liquified and held as such at room temp. So you get a lot more product in a lot less space.

To keep liquid O2 is a real pain and far more dangerous as long as you have flammables around. It has to be kept in a dewar and continuously leaked off to keep it cold...OK for industry but not for the track.

Plus as a liquid you have the cooling upon the phase change to vapor...all good.

I can't quite find it, but it seems to me that the decomposition reaction is mildly exothermic, which would add some heat to the in-cylinder charge. This might be tiny compared to the burning of the injected fuel though.

lol, don't egg him on!!! pure oxygen will turn your engine into a solid lump of metal. the seperation of the nitrogen atoms from the N2O molecule produces a huge drop in temperature.

pure oxygen would create a sweet blow torch in your cylinders

lol my grand dad told me when he was younger, one of his first cars was a "57" belair. he told me. he once rigged up a bottle of oxygen to feed into the motor..... said it ran lil a sum b1tch for the first couple mins, till he melted all the pistons.

Back