Pushing through the brakes

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
I can lock the brakes up while driving but when I am trying to build boost, I push right through the brakes. ANy suggestions, or am I looking at getting bigger front brakes?

He has a solenoid that replicates a transbrake for the 5r. But your prob. going to need bigger rear brakes or maybe adjust the proportioning valve for more rearward bias. That is a slippery slope because to much rear bias is going to make stopping real exciting. I just dont see those skinny's on the front holding it back. Prob just start sliding the tires at some point.

Yeah, Doug does have a trans brake, but it is still "experimental". I am going to try it, but for now just trying to figure out how to get it so I can spool.

Use your proportioning valve to increase front brake pressure; if maxing it out isn't enough - get bigger calipers and/or rotors... if maxing out front brake bias skids the tires - consider more rubber.

I wouldn't mess with the proportioning valve too much. You won't like those front tires locking up in the traps for sure. It sounds like you need a looser converter. I had the exact same problem until late last fall.

I'm going to build a pinion brake for the 1/2 ton...seems a lot simpler to me than trying to mount a second set of calipers on the rear, and braking ahead of the ring and pinion should take a LOT less braking effort.

Chris

Back