Quickest 1st gen?

Lets hear some of the other quickest 1/8 mile times for a ve pumped 12v, anyone running the DennyT stage 2 pin? Just got our in and it looks killer! Not sure if Dennis reads over here or not, but you can find him over at DTR. Tell him Ryan sent ya. This little pin Will send some serious fuel!

RockJeep--I'm worried about turning too many RPM with the 14mm, don't wanna break the truck just yet. Hey stock 600, that truck sounds like a monster, sounds like you're already a little ahead of me! As for 1/8th mile times, I talked to Adam and he said the 13.0 truck ran an 8.23. Some other guy on here I think ran a 8.36 or something, those are the fastest I know of. I ran a 9.6 but I have about 50 more hp and nitrous now, so I am hoping for at least mid 8s in the 1/8th.

Cool, thats toating the mail for sure! Hope you reach your goals man! We dont have a clue what Bruces truck will run, its a short bed chevy like mine that we tubbed and narrowed a 9" under it kind of like mine. He cut a lot of corners that i didnt though, its geared wierd, A518, little axles, i welded the spiders for him [poor mans spool], and many other things of the such. With the small turbo and inj. it still felt very strong when it was in the 3/4 ton P/U but ya know feeling strong and being fast are two diff. animals. Just quessing i think it will start out somewhere in the 9's and dont have a good gut feeling as to where it will end up? Dont know the little rotory pump all that well. He will have fun with it regardless, good luck with your as well! Ryan
P.S. Why is there not near the 1st gen talk over here as over at DTR? I personally like it here at CompD 3 to 1?
Ryan

What pump?

Mine went 8.46 at 81 when I ran the 13.34 in the 2wd.

Your sig says 160 pump, does this mean you p-pumped yours, i remember they also rated them at 160hp in 93? If its p-pumped you cheated...ha ha, no thats quick no matter what pump your running. The 81mph shows your making good power on the top end. Later Ryan

Tom Collins truck was a 8.23 @ 85.?? in the 1/8. We'll be trying for the 12's at Ponci's.
:nos:

Tom broke on his first pass on saturday, but Brad Ponci had him fixed and going that night. He stripped the splines on his forward planetary gear.

I got a call from Tom this morning and he dynoed 578 hp and 1200 tq, still with a 12mm pump. Big congrats too Tom :Cheer:

Tom broke on his first pass on saturday, but Brad Ponci had him fixed and going that night. He stripped the splines on his forward planetary gear.

I got a call from Tom this morning and he dynoed 578 hp and 1200 tq, still with a 12mm pump. Big congrats too Tom :Cheer:

What Injectors and turbo/turbos is Tom running ?

Awsome #'s

Erik.
I heard they are having a Mopar Muscle Car event at Sac this weekend. Let Tom know and if he goes, I might head over that way. I'd love to run against an old muscle car with old ugly.

Ya the mopar drags are Sunday at Sac, there's also a grudgefest the night before, if you guys are gonna come out let me know and I'll see about gettin my truck out there.

That's nearly 100 HP more than what anybody else has done with a 12mm pump. Have any details on that one?

That would be raising the heck out of the bar.

Not saying it isn't possible or I doubt it, just that it is a number very deserving of elaboration.

We installed some 4krpm springs and a tweaked a 4200 gov spring to work so that it would fuel longer for the drags (3spd, non OD) Stock HG and bolts (for now...) small WSB (57mm) trick custom intercooler with water/meth and a custom nitrous system. He ran a couple of 13.0's before the springs and was running out of fuel. We fixed it for Ponci's and he broke the tranny on the first pass (BRAD IS THE MAN and got him going that night!) Brad's crew tweaked the timing on Sunday and got the big number of of it.

Last edited:
stomp worked on the pump for abt 3 hrs sunday at brad's before the dyno run. when i took it for a test it was like a different truck. ran good before but now-better . thanks jeremy, brad, joe. 578,1200 lifted abt 3200 no fueling issues anymore. race wt is 5650# going to try to get to sac on the 19th of oct. any guesses?

I'll guess mid 12s....as far as power goes, nitrous goes a long way...that truck is spraying a lot of it, and the other 450rwhp or so numbers have been on fuel, that's why this truck is making big power like it is ;) Looks like barring unforseen difficulties, you guys will be the first in the 12s. Got a steel planet in it now?

yeah, brad had a good planetary on hand put in some other parts. should be better now. still has a single flexplate though. he didn't have a double on hand. that could be a trouble spot. can't make sac this wknd will try for the 19th at the truck races.

in answer to begle's question, really there's nothing outrageous on the truck everything just works well. have a good water/air, snow, some nitrous, air dog 100 put a b@m megashifter in after my last run i think that's the best 200 i spent was lookin forward to runnin at samoa but didn't happen. dyno showed the fueling problems i was having have gone. looking forward to sac. ran good there in july. nitrous works just a well on these 1st gens as anything newer. you just have to have fuel. not a black cloud of smoke behind you.

Ya, I'm gonna wait till the 19th to take mine out also, thinking I might be able to get an 11.99 out of it, you should come up JQmile.

I'll think about it, I should have my lift pump and nitrous all working by then.

Back