R700 boost numbers....

Phil what is your top charger wastegated at?

Pretty much open, but not measured exactly yet. At Smarty levels 7 & 9 total boost maxes at 60-65psi. Level 8 spools up to 80psi really fast but no extra power.

I have been talking to a few people about twins most people like someone said in the thread, the top charger needs to be set about 23-25psi to get the extra exhaust from the wastegate into the bottom charger.The bottom charger is what will make you hp

not to sure but i think its different with the r700's, cause i got the super b single first, and that was set at 38 psi, then was thrown into the twin set up still at that psi level, then just recently was told by BD to crank down on the wastegate, thats where they run the best.

How do you set up the boost on these? I havent got to look at mine really yet just seen a picture....do you just turn the nut ontop of the rod on the wastegate or what?

Manage to get 45 or 90 degree small snap ring pliers on there and remove the snap ring. Loosen jam nut,slide rod off shaft and shorten all the way. Dont drop the snap ring.It is very hard to find in the sand/gravel.........needless to say,I now have an "E" clip holding mine on:hehe:

oh alright is the rod pretty hard putting back on? and how much boost is one turn of the jam nut roughly?

Something doesn't seem right to dyno only 605 uncorrected. I run a 64/71/13ss and Flux 3's with a stock CP3. I didn't tune it at all since my OBD II fuse blew and I couldn't tune the rig. But I made 598.7 hp @ L.C.D

every clockwise turn is 2psi.i was told numerous times by dave at BD and rich to just crankdown on the wastegate and be done with it.i personally have mine set to open at 62psi,BD's twins set up is a little different from most.

Back