Race Truck build...

my compressor covers getting ready to be polished!!!

2011-01-21_17-56-07_112.jpg

71mm and 98mm

Are you sure those are big enough? I thought you were building a race truck, not a daily driver........

Is the 98mm a billet compressor?

Sounds like it'll be a pretty big setup, especially when you hit it with some nitrous oxide!

Are you going with a custom higher than stock stall converter to help with spool-up, nitrous assisted spool-up, or just some fancy custom tuning from a standalone?

I'm sure it will run awesome on the back half of the track, just gotta figure out a way to get those twins fully spooled in the first 60'.

Yeah it will be enough... my low pressure will flow 180 lbs. Per minute. And I still might go to the a 3 digit mm wheel as well.. I do have the ability to change wheels and covers very easily ... im running a very tight exhaust on the high pressure turbo and big wastegates.. I have spent alot of time and research / thought into my rotating assembly to make it rev very fast and have the least amount of friction as possible ... plus Volumemetric efficiency was the main goal....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nice, I'm in the process of polishing mine now, what do you plan on using?

Well im gunna make them all smooth them actually have them powdercoated chrome at work... which honestly looks good...!!! Hitting the easy button on this one...!!!!

Haha definitely the easy button! Mine's about half done but it's not the smooth polished it's still a little rough.

I would just smooth and polish the covers.My buddy had his housing chrome powder coated
the same time I had mine polished and his looks like sh!t now,cracking and all wrinkled.

Yeah it will be enough... my low pressure will flow 180 lbs. Per minute. And I still might go to the a 3 digit mm wheel as well.. I do have the ability to change wheels and covers very easily ... im running a very tight exhaust on the high pressure turbo and big wastegates.. I have spent alot of time and research / thought into my rotating assembly to make it rev very fast and have the least amount of friction as possible ... plus Volumemetric efficiency was the main goal....

Knife edged crank?
What all did you do to get it to rev like you say? Sounds fun:rockwoot:

Back