Ram50

Hey AHall, thanks for the pump info too. We don't know much about the pumps but, we are learning.

I bought a new moser 9". Info in post #11

24vriviera, that car is baaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddaaaaaaaaasssssssss. Any pics anywhere of the install????

Lol. It got him the info he needed. Good Luck with your build. Nail the tranny/ conv. combo the first time so you can use and enjoy racing it. I'd still use a glide today if and when your able to put my proven 13" convertor in front of it. Plenty of companys have been telling me since 06 that they could and would but Ive yet to see it, I put out the cash to have it built and no one bit. Build a 400 with all the right parts in it and you wont be disappointed performance wise esp. if od is not needed with your gearing choice.

Tucker

Sorry WUnderwood, didn't know I was doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the info stock600. I have not made a decision as of yet. I'm gonna give it another couple of days and talk to a few more tranny places. I really would like to go with the glide.

24vriviera, I looked at some of your build. That thing is just plain beautiful.

I couldn't stand to see that cummins engine laying in the floor any longer. soooooooo

100_7126_zps9edf8c52.jpg

100_7127_zps0d557538.jpg

100_7128_zps6361fa2a.jpg

100_7130_zpsc7c6186e.jpg

100_7131_zps08f8a92e.jpg

Street legal exhaust is going to be a real pain. I will have to build a trough or hump the length of the cab on the passenger side to facilitate the big 'ol 5".

I'm gonna leave the bench seat in. It seems pretty comfy when you set in it.

Well, I'm hoping so. lol.

I've seen some folks run a third gen manifold on a 12v head. Anyone know about this?

Sorry WUnderwood, didn't know I was doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the info stock600. I have not made a decision as of yet. I'm gonna give it another couple of days and talk to a few more tranny places. I really would like to go with the glide.

24vriviera, I looked at some of your build. That thing is just plain beautiful.

I couldn't stand to see that cummins engine laying in the floor any longer. soooooooo

100_7126_zps9edf8c52.jpg

100_7127_zps0d557538.jpg

100_7128_zps6361fa2a.jpg

100_7130_zpsc7c6186e.jpg

100_7131_zps08f8a92e.jpg

Street legal exhaust is going to be a real pain. I will have to build a trough or hump the length of the cab on the passenger side to facilitate the big 'ol 5".

I'm gonna leave the bench seat in. It seems pretty comfy when you set in it.

Believe me I understand, Im one of the few that's been there, DID it and hated it and Had to change it. That's an expensive lesson that I payed for that you could avoid for free lol. A glide IS the best choice for what you want to do, the problem is the small convertor that your forced to use in it 'with' the power curve of the 12v cummins. For most real hot 12v builds youd prob. like a convertor to be applied and working hard for you by 24-2800 really even tighter than that is better but you cant get there with a 10-11" convertor no matter what any one tells you [tough enough with a 13"]. Theres not a convertor manufacture out there that either hasn't already built me one or tried or just tolded me no they cant do it. 'Everything changes' when 1] you have more useable top end power or 2] Use can fit a 13" convertor.

Im sure you understand how a fluid coupling convertor works, the second the torque falls off the conv uncouples and becomes unbelievably uneffiecant. You will find that the best 10" that you can buy will be in the 4k-4500 rpm range just because of fluid dynamics, torque, rpm, and the small stator size. And to even get there the profile on the stator sucks because the angle on the fins are so layed over.

Sure your 12v will pull to 5k or 5500 just as mine did but by design their no torque up there at all and the G Damn convertor Wont work. Seems no one lessons to this so have at it.

Its a bit more apt to work on a D Max due to in my opinion the v-8 design and electronically being able to stretch the power band out more. And then your still left with a Super tight window of operation [say 4k-4500 to 5k-5500] at best; and Im going to tell you that, that ONLY will work in a super light and areo race car such as a dragster, altered, slingshot, etc....... only. I don't even see it working well in a pro stock truck because of weight. Even *** **** in his got away from one and went to a 400 weather he admits it or not [even if its a 2 spd with the 2.10 low] Its the point of having the room for the larger convertor.

Point here is: With out a TON of torque up there in the 4500-6k range a 10" unit behind 2ooo+ lbs torque is like pissing in the wind. Ive spent more money and time to prove it than I care to admit......

Last edited:
Hey Stock600, please believe me I BELIEVE YOU. I flat will not put a glide in this thing unless I can get a 13" converter in front of it. I PROMISE. lol

My next question to you is have you ever physically tried to install a 13" converter into a stock or aftermarket bell housing on a powerglide? In your opinion, could a fella get an aluminum grinding wheel for his 'ol 9" grinder, a good respirator, and go at it on the inside of the bell housing? Granted, even if a fella ground clear through in places, the bell could be reinforced. Right???

Hey jamesl, that Duramax is awesome. Any chance you could ask him how he got the 13" converter to work or maybe I could get his number from ya and give him a holler?

Holy Crap, what a hot day it was today. Seems like its either raining like crazy or so freeking hot you can't hardly stand it.

I wasn't very productive on the truck this evening. My wide 5 spacers came in so I used the time to test fit the front 34's for clearance.

Here she is with her drag shoes on. The rears are 30x13.5x15 MT et street slicks on 15x10 Real wide 5 wheels with outer bead locks. These are for sale. We bought them to run on my sons 1st gen and never used 'em.

100_7142_zps2ed75682.jpg

100_7141_zpsa6a525e4.jpg

100_7140_zps26c60ce9.jpg

She's gonna ride a little high in the drag/street shoes. The next set of pics will explain why. Here she is with her Sand/Mud Drag shoes.

100_7139_zpsd8567823.jpg

100_7138_zps1c8bffb0.jpg

100_7137_zps3e1d7163.jpg

100_7134_zpsb0b962e0.jpg

...a little more room in there than what I thought.

100_7136_zps360a3728.jpg

100_7135_zpsd1b0d260.jpg

I almost wish I hadn't already ordered the narrowed rear. Hopefully with the narrowed rear, I won't have to cut on the bed sides.

Looking good. For your sake and everyone elses I hope thiers now a way, there just wasn't back when I built my 2. Of course I tried every way poss. to get a 13" in front of it, a factory bell and none of the bolt on aftermarket can be modified to even get close; I butchered up a brand new ati and JW just trying to house a 12" and its not even doable let alone the 13 which is really closer to 14".

Check back in with Broswell as well, he was my closest to getting there back then. He thought he had a clutch can that would work so I sent him a convertor, engine adapter, and billet flexplate but it didn't work out. He was interested in poss. building something but it being a one off his quote for something that he wasn't even sure about was not even feasible at the time. I worked with Trick Ti on this as well and had no luck. It was just a waste of money shipping these parts all over the country trying hard to make it work. Maybe with more demand and a few years gone by something has changed, I sure hope so.

My Freak Show Perf. convertor in front of a 1:80 glide would be the ****s for sure.

Good luck to you, fun project.

Tucker

Last edited:
Back